Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Custom G1 Red Wing

  1. #1
    Join Date
    21st Jul 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,464

    Default Custom G1 Red Wing

    Well no more teasers, just straight into the pics. Finally managed to almost finish this little project. Just the stickers to come which I am still debating. There is also a tease for my next custom in the final pic.

    Let me know your thoughts. I really enjoy taking all these ones apart. After the next one I may switch to using an airbrush and see how that works out.











    Last edited by Raider; 19th June 2018 at 04:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,271

    Default

    Can I ask what paint you use?
    www.mariokart64.com
    -------------------------------------------------------
    [Insert former photobucket hosted image here]
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

  3. #3
    Join Date
    21st Jul 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Can I ask what paint you use?
    Tamiya Spray Paint Lacquer

  4. #4
    Join Date
    12th Jan 2016
    Location
    VICTORIA
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    First teaser image of Red Wing:



    I've been debating whether to use a G1 seeker missile launcher as his guns or to use something else. The something else I am trialing in the pic is a modified gun from G1 Metroplex.
    Nice teaser, better than a shillouette

    In regards to your debate about what to use for the missles.
    Why don't you just use both ??
    Then that gives you both that modern look or that vintage updated look.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    21st Jul 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haydenite View Post
    Nice teaser, better than a shillouette

    In regards to your debate about what to use for the missles.
    Why don't you just use both ??
    Then that gives you both that modern look or that vintage updated look.
    Yeah I couldn't help myself with that pun

    Re: the missiles, biggest issue is lack of junker pieces. I want to do a few more custom seekers and don't want to waste both on 1 piece when I can only display it with one or the other. The gun in the picture is just a test using a junker metroplex gun. If I do go ahead with those (which I'm leaning towards) then I will make them so they fire with missiles.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    12th Jan 2016
    Location
    VICTORIA
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Yeah I couldn't help myself with that pun

    Re: the missiles, biggest issue is lack of junker pieces. I want to do a few more custom seekers and don't want to waste both on 1 piece when I can only display it with one or the other. The gun in the picture is just a test using a junker metroplex gun. If I do go ahead with those (which I'm leaning towards) then I will make them so they fire with missiles.
    Fair enough, just don't oversize the missiles too much or it'll make the figure look squat in robot mode, since the emphasis will become the large missile launchers. But, this is just opinion ok, nothing else

  7. #7
    Join Date
    21st Jul 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Coming along nicely but the paint is being a little temperamental...


  8. #8
    Join Date
    21st Jul 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Updating thread to show almost finished project.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    23rd Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,981

    Default

    It looks great, especially when teamed up with the other two, I'm not sure how much I like the weapons. but that's just me.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

    my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    21st Jul 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    It looks great, especially when teamed up with the other two, I'm not sure how much I like the weapons. but that's just me.
    I know what you mean about the weapons. I was taking my inspiration from this picture.

    I wanted a similar weapon and colour scheme but also needed it to be able to use missiles like the original seekers to give it that G1 feel. Unfortunately they are a little bigger than I would have liked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •