Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giant Bumblebee in Bondi today

Quote Originally Posted by Intention View Post
    Send and email to Bondi Pavilion, got a reply:
    Yes Bumblebee is on the Bondi Pavilion forecourt all day and night until Sunday afternoon and is free to the public.
    I was there this evening and saw nothing maybe he is hidden away at night

My sis and I will be trying to go see him later today. Will try and post some pics if I can

Quote Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    My sis and I will be trying to go see him later today. Will try and post some pics if I can
    Yeah i'm going to try later today as well

Saw this guy today, he is at the Bondi beach area. Somewhere right opposite the McDonalds, HungryJacks area... you cant miss it as it is huge, around 5M tall.... "real" size as the car tires are real huge tires.

Took some photos but forgot to take my camera up to my place from my car. So will get it tomorrow.

I read on some sites that its there until tomorrow noon, so better go see it early.

Default G's pics of Bumblebee at Bondi Beach

Went for the drive out to Bondi today. Traffic was as per usual, another reason why I like the beaches better at the Central Coast or Newcastle

Well anyway, found some parking and walked down to the pavillion to have a look at Bumblebee.

He's pretty impressive, there was a constant group of people taking photos of him. Was nice to see some families and also appears some people drove from out west to have a look at him.

Well here they are:

The view as you approach 'Bee -

At front -

Just me and my ol' friend Bumblebee

Just a photo to prove he is in Australia (HINT: the Australian flag)

A close up of his head and torso

Bumblebee's view out to Bondi Beach and the ocean

Some of the extra design pics on display

Hope u guys enjoy the pics

Thanks matey, I unfortunately could not make it out there, so it is good to see pics of it anyway.

Is it just me or is he missing part of his head? He's only got the left flap thing on his head...

Poor old Bumblebee, all that international jet setting muxt of taken it's toll.

Heh, yeah... he's missing an ear.

I think those production photos are more interesting (the Bumblebee isn't a movie prop, as it isn't 'realistic' enough to the one they used in the movie).
    It seems that the Biplane (Ransack) and the Construction Crane (Hightower) were both originally intended for the movie (like Arcee and Wreckage were for TF1). And more importantly, Hightower is 'Constructicon 10', lending support to the what the Writers once said about their being a dozen or so different Constructicons, with only a small number required to form Devastator.

We also get to see Alice being officially called a Pretender (or more accurately, 'Pretender Hot Chick' ), and showing a mid-transformation image of metalic strips wrapping around the robot head to form the human head.

I really hope all of these sort of pre-production images are eventually done up in a book or on a website archive somewhere. I'd buy it, and it would give more insight into the evolution the the movie process.

Thanks for the pics Optimus1, they were really interesting.

I didnt see any of the props there, but BB was pretty cool athough he uses Kumho tires

Quote Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post

Hope u guys enjoy the pics
    Wow

Do you have a original giant size version of this last image? That's what Legends Hightower was based upon, but the image hasn't been released by the artists yet (as far as I know), so this is the first time it's been seen in public.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.