Page 936 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 916926931932933934935936937938939940941946956 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,360 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Anyone heard of this group before? Looks like they have been around since 2013.

https://tccaus.wordpress.com/about/
    Yeah, that's the blog/online face for the Transformers Collector Club Australia (also referred to as TCCA).
    As far as I know it's not an "official" club but it's a fairly large facebook group.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/transformerscca/
    If you join the group you will see a few familiar faces from here as well as some you might not have met before.

Does anyone feel like a bit of translating?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Not going to translate the whole thing, but it basically talks about abandoned gimmicks. These include:
    * Transmetal Rattrap's Go Kart mode. The calves of his legs were to have wheels to allow him to roll in robot mode as shown in the photo. Plastic faux-wheels are all that's left instead.
    * Ram Horn's horn was meant to have a retractable claw.
    * Magnaboss' chest was intended to shoot 6 missiles, not 2. It also says that they would have fired in succession. Huh... now I know why there are those four circular bumps above the two missile launchers - those are abandoned launchers!
    * Rhinox's wrecking balls were intended to be attached to the buzzsaws via special connectors. The actual toy connects them with chains.
    * Unsolved Mysteries: Why does Depth Charge's wings have so much unnecessary articulation? What's up with the those two moving things on Transmetal Terrorsaur's shoulders?
    * Tigerhawk has wings on his back as vestigial parts of an abandoned vehicle mode (tfwiki actually mentions this).

That's a cool article documenting what could have been. I'm guessing that they were removed due to budget reasons. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not going to translate the whole thing, but it basically talks about abandoned gimmicks. These include:
    * Transmetal Rattrap's Go Kart mode. The calves of his legs were to have wheels to allow him to roll in robot mode as shown in the photo. Plastic faux-wheels are all that's left instead.
    * Ram Horn's horn was meant to have a retractable claw.
    * Magnaboss' chest was intended to shoot 6 missiles, not 2. It also says that they would have fired in succession. Huh... now I know why there are those four circular bumps above the two missile launchers - those are abandoned launchers!
    * Rhinox's wrecking balls were intended to be attached to the buzzsaws via special connectors. The actual toy connects them with chains.
    * Unsolved Mysteries: Why does Depth Charge's wings have so much unnecessary articulation? What's up with the those two moving things on Transmetal Terrorsaur's shoulders?
    * Tigerhawk has wings on his back as vestigial parts of an abandoned vehicle mode (tfwiki actually mentions this).

That's a cool article documenting what could have been. I'm guessing that they were removed due to budget reasons. Thanks for sharing.
    Much obliged, Gok! Very cool!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This would've been a very cool feature! I feel that they should have went with the 6 or abandoned firing missiles altogether. If it was abandoned they might have been able to do some more with Silverbolt's wings in robot mode, aside from being ridiculously out of scale with his robot body. I would have preferred a smaller wingspan even if meant being less realistic in alt mode.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I personally think that they made the right choice in going with more alt-mode accurate longer wings. Imagine if they did that with G1 Transformers; deliberately deforming the alt mode for the sake of the robot mode.

I know that G1 Bumblebee and Cliffjumper's alt modes were deformed, but that was to make them look like Choro-Q (Penny Racer) style cars - because in Microman they were meant to be toy cars. It wasn't for the sake of the robot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    ?
    Looks more like a wheelchair than a go-kart to me. Professor X-trap

I love hearing about the behind the scenes details of the toys, particularly ideas and concepts that had to be scrapped or just didn't make it for some reason... so thanks for bringing this up and the translations.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I love hearing about the behind the scenes details of the toys, particularly ideas and concepts that had to be scrapped or just didn't make it for some reason... so thanks for bringing this up and the translations.
    absolutely ditto!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    absolutely ditto!
    Tritto! And yes thats what i was thinking. A wheelchair with nos