Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Studio Series Fall 2022 wave - Galvatron, TCracker, Arcee, Sideways

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Wheely good news for the Studio Series line (SPOILER ALERT)
    Iiiiinteresting. I've been wondering about this one since it leaked. On the one hand, I want all the toys (modern versions of the 80s stuff). On the other hand, I want deluxe and up (both for quality and scale). Hasbro legends scale failed for me, which is why I don't have a Gears, Windcharger, or Brawn. Core Iguanus kinda worked (but really does need the filler set that costs more than the basic toy), but even then only if I take the JG1 approach to pretenders (which is just fine by me, the US pretender concept is simply stupid in my opinion).

Still not certain about this one. Doesn't look entirely dire (the poor picture doesn't help), but will definitely require fillers. A definite maybe :P

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Diaclone Blue Trailbreaker looks like it's coming.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...evealed/47051/
    Good to see the leak confirmed. Was starting to wonder. Another tick down Just so long as it does get released beyond SDCC (exclusives must die in a ditch).

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Further and much better pictures of Wheelie are now floating about.

That'll do it - I suspect we're not going to get a deluxe Wheelie (because the character was depicted just over human-sized), so core class it is.

Not that I have any dog in this race, but to me the vehicle mode looks unfinished. Instead of the front being smooth it just zig zags as if something is meant to clip over it, and comparing it to the animation model it is clearly not long enough.
    I wonder if there was meant to be a shield piece that clips over the front of the vehicle which was either removed for budget reasons or the leaker simply doesn't have it.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Not that I have any dog in this race, but to me the vehicle mode looks unfinished. Instead of the front being smooth it just zig zags as if something is meant to clip over it, and comparing it to the animation model it is clearly not long enough.
    I wonder if there was meant to be a shield piece that clips over the front of the vehicle which was either removed for budget reasons or the leaker simply doesn't have it.
    Same, i wasn't going to get it anyway, but SS86 Wheelie altmode looks like a 3rd party prototype. That front hood looks nothing like the animation model. Hopefully, the leaker mis-transformed it.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    SS86 Wheelie altmode looks like a 3rd party prototype.
    I thought similar actually. It looks like one of those 3D-printed fan-made things you see from time to time.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    That'll do it - I suspect we're not going to get a deluxe Wheelie (because the character was depicted just over human-sized), so core class it is.
    That's a terrible result. Bumblebee has been depicted as just over human size and we got a nice deluxe of him.

I'd be terribly upset if we didn't get a deluxe of Wheelie. As it stands, the TR Wheelie is loads better.

Also, in the news department, further leaks in relation to Pointblank and Skullgrin. The big news being Pointblank will have a Targetmaster and Skullgrin is deluxe sized.

I have moved some posts to here that are of three upcoming Core Class Studio Series toys - Wheelie, Laserbeak (pink Bumblebee), and Ratchet.
    I think that they would be the next wave of Core Class, which would mean that they would be coming out around September with the Voyagers and Deluxe figures listed in the first few posts of this topic.

From a facebook page for a UK online store, the official images for Laserbeak and Ratchet...

And the Wheelie image floating around online from an unknown source...

Those in-hand images of Wheelie referred to in earlier posts makes me think that there must be something attached to the front of the vehicle mode... or at least should have had something there if that is the completed toy.
    (and it seems way too quick to be doing a third Wheelie toy in just four years, considering that it isn't an iconic character... or even a liked character - the Jar Jar Binks of the Transformers universe)

All these small sized Movie Bumblebee toys are starting to look the same...

I'm sure this is a new mould, because Core class is bigger than Legends, but I don't know why they would release it as "Laserbeak" first, considering how obscure it is from the movies... being on screen for about 10 seconds (and its appearance in the movie didn't make sense, other than it was to save money by not having to create a completely new CGI figure for that short scene).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    All these small sized Movie Bumblebee toys are starting to look the same...

I'm sure this is a new mould, because Core class is bigger than Legends, but I don't know why they would release it as "Laserbeak" first, considering how obscure it is from the movies... being on screen for about 10 seconds (and its appearance in the movie didn't make sense, other than it was to save money by not having to create a completely new CGI figure for that short scene).
    I guess the disguise was so the little girl would think it was the real bumblebee who wanted to have tea with her. You could ask “why wouldn’t she suspect anything, since bumblebee is much bigger, and yellow not pink”, but there are a couple of theories:
    1. She probably thought it was Bumblebee as in her mind, the shape matters, not the size or colour
    2. If it looked like Bumblebee, she probably assumes it’s friendly no matter what.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Ratchet looks neat but without Ironhide, Brawn and Prowl at that size, what's the point? I'm sure a voyager SS86 Ratchet/Ironhide would sell like hotcakes, considering even the Siege Ironhide commands a hefty price now, mostly I suspect because of overhyping that seems to have run rampant with the TF aftermarket these days. Options are a good thing.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust