Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The best Generations figures

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Man they are all pretty darn awesome!
    Totally agree man. But if I had to list my three favourites, atm I would go with

Drift
    Lugnut
    Tracks (The Takara one. I love the colour and the flame and everything was perfect for him)
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Hmm, I think:
    WFC Optimus Prime
    Sideswipe
    Scourge

Has no one else mentioned WFC Optimus Prime? That's a great, complex, figure.

Honourable mention to Cyclonus (fantastically awesome robot mode but the legs in vehicle mode let it down) and the Seeker mould (since I have over a dozen of it!).
    I totally agree with you on Cyclonus, if the back half of the vehicle mode ws a little more solid it'd be higher up in my list too.

WFC prime is a great figure, but compared to some of the others I've listed, I don't think it displays as well. it is a great toy though, I really like the transformation also.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

WFC is a good figure... don't know about 'great'. Some of his panels don't lock in very well (e.g. top shoulder panels and waist plate) which tend to easily dislocate during play. Drift has the same problem with his lower legs. I like toys that are nice and solid in robot mode allowing it to be played with well as an action figure (which is after all its core function).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    WFC is a good figure... don't know about 'great'. Some of his panels don't lock in very well (e.g. top shoulder panels and waist plate) which tend to easily dislocate during play. Drift has the same problem with his lower legs. I like toys that are nice and solid in robot mode allowing it to be played with well as an action figure (which is after all its core function).
    "Great" for my purposes.

transform, pose, put on shelf, admire.
    transform, put on shelf, admire.
    transform, pose punching Megatron in the goolies, put on shelf, admire.

My three faves are:

Generations Cyclonus: He looks almost like the TV version, but with the darker purple of the toy. Just wish it was a bit bigger

Henkei Tracks: Has the proper flame logo on the bonnet like the G1 version.

Henkei Smokescreen: Because I am biased, I try to have each type of Smokescreen released. The Henkei version is closer to the G1 version, with the same colours, unlike the Generations version.

I started collecting because of this line, well, mainly classics and universe 2.0, but it all falls under the same umbrella. I blame Rodimus!
    My three favourites for display, in order, would be:

United Jazz - Chalk another one up for this guy! The best representation of G1 Jazz to date. He looks extra sharp thanks to the metallic details. Solid silhouette.
    United Stepper - Basically flawless. Striking deco and details, love the colours. Displays perfect.
    Henkei Smokescreen - Classic transformer form with an interesting and understated colourscheme. Just lovely.

To strictly talk about Generations only figures, I'd go with Thundercracker, Thunderwing and Thunder Sky Shadow.

Honestly though, this line has so many awesome figures. I'm in agreement with a lot of people's choices so far. Lugnut, Mirage, Cyclonus, Tracks are all fantastic too. Gosh, us ozformers have got some good taste!

Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    I'm surprised you list United Megatron over Henkei ver... I don't own the United one, but in pics Henkei seems to look better. Is it different in person??
    Slightly different. Alfes2010 has some good comparison shots on his blog. I think United looks a little nicer as it's missing the weird red/orange paint apps. Although, he could do with getting his "angry eyebrows" back. Sorry for cutting in Bidoof.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    The biggest drawback for Jazz is that his chest doesn't lock in. If it weren't for that it'd be hard to beat.
    Yes! This is super annoying on the RTS version, as with the Gift set redeco. They fixed this on the United Jazz though. I don't know how, but it works.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I really like them all. Except WFC Bumblebee which I have thrown against the wall numerous times! but It's hard to pick the best.

My top 3 would have to be:

1. Thunderwing, love the mould and has that G1 look.
    2. Drift, looks totally cool and with the comic to go with him.
    3. Kup, especially with the third party head. The one with the cigar.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    My top 3 would have to be:

1. Thunderwing, love the mould and has that G1 look.
    2. Drift, looks totally cool and with the comic to go with him.
    3. Kup, especially with the third party head. The one with the cigar.
    ahem <cygar>

Looking at my display (recognising I have them all in robot mode) I nominate:

• Cyclonus (I think it's the Challenge at Cybertron one I have out),
    • RTS Jazz
    • Classics Jetfire.

I would have included Mirage too, but the list was... full.