Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying just two...

I should contextualise my Blurr > Hardhead comment.

Hardhead has an excellent play pattern within the remit of the Titans Return line. The way the minifigs interact with the larger robot is delightful. I especially love how they can man the main gun. However it does suffer from some of the drawbacks of the post 2011 figures - hollow limbs, slightly rickety feel.

Blurr, which also being a headmaster, is a much more straightforward deluxe figure. Paint aside (and I am aware that that's a killer for some people) he doesn't suffer from the same drawbacks. He's solid in both modes and doesn't have big empty spaces. The headmaster figure interacts with him in slightly more mundane ways.

Blurr is a better figure by far, even if his Titan Master interactions are not as interesting.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I don't own Blurr (the concept of the toy doesn't interest me) nor have I ever handled the mould IRL, so I'd say if people who have both are saying that Blurr is the better of the pair then it seems like sound advice.

I'm assuming that you don't know of any other collectors near you that might own the toy for you to try before you buy?

Personally, I'd expand your list and get the old 1987 Headmaster crew - Chromedome, Hardhead, Brainstorm, Highbrow, and Weirdwolf/Wolfwire, Mindwipe, and Skullsmasher/cruncher. Having the full set of reimagined Headmasters would be pretty cool IMO.

If you're only after 2, though, Sixshot would be a good standalone figure. Though of course, Trypticon is supposed to be released under the TR line too...
    For an Autobot, it sort of depends. If you're a Headmasters (as in the Japanese TV series) fan, Chromedome. For a good standalone figure who could work well with Sixshot, maybe Powermaster Optimus Prime. For a good standalone figure who has good feedback, I'd go for Wheelie.

You might also want to wait a while for the newer waves to be released. traditionally the later waves of a toy line are better toys, whether because the designers have settled into the play pattern a bit more or if they've had more time to design the toy.

I only have 2 myself at the moment. hardhead, it's a decent figure, not complex but interesting enough.

Skullsmasher is a very simple transformation and the head and tail don't really do anything. the bot mode is fine, the Croc/Gator alt mode has a very nice aesthetic and shape. it's not just a straight croc, it curves up at the front shoulders to lift the torso. the back legs don't do much. Its not very stable.

The little Titan heads with their teeny vehicles are very simple, I only have 1 and I'm so unimpressed I can't remember it's name. I'd be happier with them if the were $5
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Personally, I'd expand your list and get the old 1987 Headmaster crew - Chromedome, Hardhead, Brainstorm, Highbrow, and Weirdwolf/Wolfwire, Mindwipe, and Skullsmasher/cruncher. Having the full set of reimagined Headmasters would be pretty cool IMO.
    Yeah that isn't a bad idea, I just don't wanna get hooked and blow all my money, LOL. Maybe if I set myself a goal I can stick to that...
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I should contextualise my Blurr > Hardhead comment.

Hardhead has an excellent play pattern within the remit of the Titans Return line. The way the minifigs interact with the larger robot is delightful. I especially love how they can man the main gun. However it does suffer from some of the drawbacks of the post 2011 figures - hollow limbs, slightly rickety feel.

Blurr, which also being a headmaster, is a much more straightforward deluxe figure. Paint aside (and I am aware that that's a killer for some people) he doesn't suffer from the same drawbacks. He's solid in both modes and doesn't have big empty spaces. The headmaster figure interacts with him in slightly more mundane ways.

Blurr is a better figure by far, even if his Titan Master interactions are not as interesting.
    Yeah my only problem is that I don't actually like how Blurr looks, I think Brainstorm looks far better in that mould.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Yeah my only problem is that I don't actually like how Blurr looks, I think Brainstorm looks far better in that mould.
    I agree with you there.

The detachable nosecone becomes much more palatable to be when you have the two guns on the front so it can become an arm mounted weapon, as opposed to being a chunk that's sort of meant to approximate a shield.

I'm hoping for a local release of Brainstorm at some point because the base mold is one of the best deluxes we've had in a long time.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I hear Wheelie is good too.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Yeah wheelie is solid.

Perhaps limit yourself to two bigger figures, but allow yourself some strech room for a couple of selected legends or smaller bots loke wheelie. I mean financially you might only spend 40 bucks wxtra but obtain 2 or 3 really solid little toys
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Yeah wheelie is solid.

Perhaps limit yourself to two bigger figures, but allow yourself some strech room for a couple of selected legends or smaller bots loke wheelie. I mean financially you might only spend 40 bucks wxtra but obtain 2 or 3 really solid little toys
    Yeah, fair enough.