Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Possible Slingshot & Wildrider Combiner Wars Toys

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Nah, if they were not originally planning to always have Slingshot released somewhere by Hasbro, they would have designed Firefly/Fireflight to look like the Gen1 (F4 Phantom) toy instead of as a Harrier-styled jet.

If it was a late kneejerk reaction to release Slingshot, Firefly would have looked like a F4 Phantom and Slingshot would have just been a white F4 Phantom redeco of Firefly.

The puzzling thing is why go to the trouble of creating this Alpha Bravo character/toy to replace Slingshot in this set of Aerialbot toys (and be coloured to homage Slingshot).
    Was it just done simply to reuse the mould (which should be done as Blades)... and if so, that's kinda weak, and spoils the feel of this whole release of Combiners as a concept to homage the original Combiners.
    I see what you're saying there, there's another couple of scenarios that might have come into play here;

1 - Mould budget - I remember reading about the earlier ROTF combiners, where there'd be two pairs of the same limb design due to budget restraints - I wonder if that's what happened here (though over a longer planned period) - They had to pick one mould for both Fireflight and Slingshot, and threw in a Vortex/Blades repaint so the first couple of waves were all different designs.

2 - Copyright issues. Iirc, the FOC Air Raid was originally supposed to be Fireflight - looking at his colours and head sculpt, but they couldn't get his name past copyright, perhaps that's what happened here - the mould was designed for Slingshot, there were legal thingies, and they made him Firefly (after pulling a Trailcutter on the name)

3 - a combination of the above?

Or maybe it's 2:37 am and I'm reading waaay to much into this

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    If Defensor or any other combiner is to also have a replacement limb like what Alpha Bravo, maybe they will release the missing one too.

Then you could make a rejected combiner. Combine to form Rejector!
    YES PLEASE
    though other than Defensor who else are we gonna have? A new mold of Bruticus? Or are we gonna get the other scramble city combiners Abominus and Computron? Or even other combiners who weren't scramble city type?
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    YES PLEASE
    though other than Defensor who else are we gonna have? A new mold of Bruticus? Or are we gonna get the other scramble city combiners Abominus and Computron? Or even other combiners who weren't scramble city type?
    Bruticus could work. Repaint Alpha Bravo into Vortex, Offroad into Swindle and you have half of the limbs. Might need new moulds for the other 2 limbs and Onslaught though.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Start spoiler - it's pretty terrible - End spoiler
    Hence why I haven't seen it yet...

And that's not a spoiler.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Touché my brother

Well played Hasbro... I would never have bought Alpha Bravo or Offroad if I thought Slingshot and Wildrider were being released.

You win this round Hasbro

So if there's gunna be all these "extra" limb guys... when's my DeathCobra coming?

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    So if there's gunna be all these "extra" limb guys... when's my DeathCobra coming?
    I thought Demonac already had a new-ish DeathCobra...

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Well played Hasbro... I would never have bought Alpha Bravo or Offroad if I thought Slingshot and Wildrider were being released.

You win this round Hasbro
    I kinda hope each combiner team has an extra member - that way OP doesn't feel left out