Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Necklaces/Earrings

These are really cool... I'd go a 'con logo, unless you can print both sides and flip around?

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    These are really cool... I'd go a 'con logo, unless you can print both sides and flip around?
    excellent idea!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Here is a diagram showing the rough concept. the black line represents the pattern you are cutting around with the black text on the inside of the design..

the green is the first cut made with a punch or curved chisel (spindle roughing gouge) not what it's designed for but I imagine you can find similar tools that would perform a similar job. leatherwork and woodwork tools are very sharp and can be found in many different profiles.

you then cut up to that initial cut with scissors or a sharp blade, however you normally cut. the advantage is the corner is already done so you can cut straight lines right up to your pre-existing corner cut. The caveat is I have no idea how the material you're using will respond to being punched through in this manner. It should be OK on a solid cutting mat, I'm gueesing
    Wow-wow-wow!! Thanks Ultra! That makes total sense... Hmm- the paper's pretty thick- so it should be okay. I'll look out for carving tools and test 'em on scraps to see how it goes.

And yeah- the sharp corners could kill someone XDD I'll sand 'em down with a nail file though. So no worries.

Oh, epic idea. Only worry is flipping the paper- and if the printing is slightly off- it means I've wasted some of this expensive stuff.. Hmm...

Is your printer duplex? (Automatically prints on both sides, no manual turning the paper over)

If so, you could try a test run or two with just standard paper to see how it lines up

Is your printer duplex? (Automatically prints on both sides, no manual turning the paper over)

If so, you could try a test run or two with just standard paper to see how it lines up
    No- it was a 2 dollar second hand printer from Cash Converters *averts eyes* and 50 dollar ink pack.
    So cheap- but it does the job...

I need to practice on American Letter sizing- which is bugging me XD But you're right- if I can find a solution- I'd love to double side them.
    I'm also crazy worried because the film is very pla-sticky and if it smudges the first side, the whole lot will be ruined... *has a small heart attack*

Very cool.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain