View Poll Results: Do you mostly drive automatic or manual transmission?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I drive manual

18 50.00%
  • I drive automatic, can't drive manual

7 19.44%
  • I drive automatic but I can drive manual

7 19.44%
  • I don't drive

2 5.56%
  • Other (specify)

2 5.56%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manual or auto?

Definitely a manual for me. I don't think it's possible for anyone who has never learnt to drive manual to be a decent driver.

I have my bike when I want to rip through the gears. Cheap auto car is for getting from A to B.

I went for other. For my everyday driving of my little hyaundai, I like the zippy manual-ness. Plus I rarely get stuck in traffic coz of bizzare working hours, so I am not concerned about that.

However, having had some car experience in Japan, I would go for an auto there, considering traffic and HILLS!

I guess if I had a larger engine I would go for auto as well, for fuel efficiency.

Unfortunately I can only drive automatic
    At the time I was learning to drive, I could only get access to Auto transmission cars.

At the moment I'm driving semi-auto, better than standard auto but not quite the control of full manual.

I want to hopefully learn manual sometime, when I get the chance. Likely on a cheapo bomb to practice on

i'm driving manual hilux atm. last car was a falcon t semi-auto. before that was manual too
    thinking manual this time but not sure.
    that whole city driving thing while drinking coffee and on the phone is a bitch.

does driving a manual without the clutch count as an auto :P

both my cars are manual at the moment so no choice there. but the car im building up as my next daily driver is going to be an auto.

eventually I want an automatic for daily driving/cruising and my manual car for weekend fun

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i drove manual for years until i shattered my left knee, now i am driving an auto as the constant operation of the clutch is not good for me anymore...

i miss my manual....

i have thought about getting one of those cars with the sports electronic diff or whatever where i dont need the clutch...dont think it is the same tho
    I feel for you, but I would think twice about the "sports shift" I have rented a couple cars with that sort of transmission and it's not as satisfying though with a bit more time you might get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Drive auto. Can't see how anyone can stand being in a traffic jam with a manual.
    Manuals have a special gear called Neutral. no point being in gear if you're just sitting there.

I have a manual, and I do enjoy corners every once in a while...
    Hill starts aren't a problem, in fact I'd say I've become rather lazy at hill starts, the Suby has a hill start system where if you're in gear the brakes hold for a second or two untill you start to pull off, no handbrake required at all and no slippage at all. love it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    , the Suby has a hill start system where if you're in gear the brakes hold for a second or two untill you start to pull off, no handbrake required at all and no slippage at all. love it.
    sounds like a nice feature.. what model is that on

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    does driving a manual without the clutch count as an auto :P

both my cars are manual at the moment so no choice there. but the car im building up as my next daily driver is going to be an auto.

eventually I want an automatic for daily driving/cruising and my manual car for weekend fun
    what are you building..

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    what are you building..
    just a 1971 Ford XY Wagon its going to pearl green with white pearl roof and a V8 302 Windsor oh and ghost flames on the front guards