Page 95 of 154 FirstFirst ... 758590919293949596979899100105115 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Shin Godzilla, easily one of the best. Glad to see it in cinemas!

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    is this related to the godzilla that came out a couple of years ago? i think the director was the same guy doing the star wars rogue one spinoff.
    Nope. That American Godzilla is getting a sequel in 2019, and will appear again the following year to battle King Kong.

This one, Shin Godzilla, is a Japanese production, and a reboot.

There is also an upcoming Japanese animated Godzilla film in the works; not sure whether it's in continuity with any existing Godzilla fiction.

I had no idea Shin Godzilla is now screening locally; might go watch it on the weekend after positive reviews here and elsewhere.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    I had no idea Shin Godzilla is now screening locally; might go watch it on the weekend after positive reviews here and elsewhere.
    Today was the last screening at my local, hopefully it was successful enough too keep going elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Today was the last screening at my local, hopefully it was successful enough too keep going elsewhere
    After reading your earlier post about this, I checked Melbourne cinemas, and Shin Godzilla still has sessions for the rest of this week. I'm looking forward to it. I wasn't planning on going to the movies till Arrival gets released next month.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Watched a film called Time Lapse (2014) recently, it's refreshing to watch a decent thriller sci-fi and moreso something that isn't a sequel, remake or have terrible big budget studio influences (like incessant product placement).

To be fair, it's not completely original (what is these days?) and is inspired by an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Watched a film called Time Lapse (2014) recently, it's refreshing to watch a decent thriller sci-fi and moreso something that isn't a sequel, remake or have terrible big budget studio influences (like incessant product placement).

To be fair, it's not completely original (what is these days?) and is inspired by an episode of the Twilight Zone.
    I watched The Girl On The Train over the weekend and had a similar impression when comparing it against true crime shows like Forensic Files.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

The "Let Them Fight" Godzilla film did have at least two Transformers voice actors in it though (unless there were more that I didn't notice).

Doctor Strange. Great movie though maybe a bit too magical for some?

Just finished watching Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and give the makers a cigar for effort but nothing beats the 60's series.
    Anyway, today I'll be off to watch Dr. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Doctor Strange. Great movie though maybe a bit too magical for some?
    The current season of Agents of SHIELD focuses on the magical theme that shows up in the current movies like Doctor Strange, to better explain it, and introducing the Ghost Rider as an example to explore... which I'm finding more interesting than the last season.

Then again, Mystical is similar to Magical, and the Infinity Stones are very mystical, in that they are powerful, god-like elements, that shouldn't physically exist.