Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Japanese RID series to be called "Transformers Adventure"

I just finished opening my TAV figures. It's always amazing how TT's extra, more complex paint apps can polish up Hasbro's turds.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

A bit late to the party, but I really had to figure out what the TED meant with the gimmick toys.... and now I do, so want to share, so that all future references by me on this site are not confusing. (to differentiate them from the TAV Adventure toys)

Since I'm still waiting on mine from HLJ, I've had to resort to hunting down photos on the internet for actual package labelling, which wasn't easy because collectors are prioritising the main TAV toys, and mostly ignoring the gimmick TED toys. (just like with Hasbro toys)

TAV - we know stands for Transformers Adventure... but does anyone know for sure if the V is from Adventure or actually stands for another word starting with that letter?

As for TED - all of the online stores that I looked up (including HLJ and Amazon Japan) were calling them Adventure toys as well, but the Japanese writing on the TED toys has different words on the packaging instead of "Transformers Adventure" in Japanese Katakana (to roughly sound out the English words).

The top two words are Easy Dynamic (in Katakana), which is the ED in TED... which should mean that the T is for Transformers.
    The third word underneath is Series (in Katakana), which seems a little redundant, especially since it isn't even included in the TED acronym. (it also makes it the Easy Dynamic Series series )

So I'll be editing existing resources on this site to change any titles that call them Adventure or Adventure Gimmick, to Easy Dynamic, and noting it on any of the reference images in future.

There are toys in the TAV line that I'm sure people will argue should be in the TED line. One Step Fixit and One Step Underbite are in the "kid line" in Hasbro's lineup yet they are TAV in Japan.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I just picked up a few of the TAV's (Grimlock, Swoop and Bloody Knockout) and a TED (Junkion) today.

Without reading I just assumed the TED's were one-steps, but Junkion is 6 steps to transform so it's a little confusing as their packaging is very similar in size to the Hasbro 1-steps (and they are actually on the same hooks mixed in with the Hasbro one steps in the stores here).

I actually quite like the TED toys aesthetically... I was tempted to pick up Prowl but because I recently got my son the Hasbro 1-step Prowl gave it a miss. Now I know they aren't that simple I might go back and get it if they still have stock.

Yeah, it's kinda confusing, having a couple of easy one-steps in the "regular" TAV line, and then having a Power Battler of six steps in the Easy Dynamic line.

And it's not like the Fixit & Underbite were included because they were wanting to have the main cast in the TAV line, because the one-step Sideswipe was in the TED line.
    So really doesn't make any sense. (plus all the non-RID toys thrown into both lines)