Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LG14 Ultra Magnus revealed? Includes Alpha Trion?

Default LG14 Ultra Magnus revealed? Includes Alpha Trion?

Well we might have our first look at LG14 Ultra Magnus and it looks like it includes a Alpha Trion repaint of the Minimus Ambus figure. This is unconfirmed at this point as Takara Tomy have not official released any pictures.

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...a-trion/32851/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

(beaten to it by two minutes)

A product picture for the Japanese version of Ultra Magnus has leaked from an anonymous source in Asia, so we don't know where it is from, or if it is even a legitimate image. But BWTF who posted up a copy believes it is real... and I guess from the Japanese perspective, the character of Minimus Ambus is probably not known, as it is a creation of IDW for their comics.
    So if this image is true, the Japanese version of Ultra Magnus will have the mini-bot recoloured and renamed as Alpha Trion.
    Apparently the face sculpting works, but I'm not sure about the alt-mode though.

Oh my. Other than that BotCon 2007 exclusive, is this going to be the first official Alpha Trion toy?

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Oh my. Other than that BotCon 2007 exclusive, is this going to be the first official Alpha Trion toy?
    Theres a Kreon and EX Gokin of Alpha Trion, so this would be the 4th Alpha Trion.

I think if this is legit I might do something I normally never do and buy both the Hasbro and Takara Tomy and parts swap the red thighs on UM. Then I would have both Alpha Trion and Minimus Ambus.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I meant vanilla Transformer Alpha Trion.

I like the Ambus figure better, for me Alpha Trion being one of the Original 13 Primes he deserves more than a legends sized figure.

Having said that the Takara version again looks fair superior to the Hasbro version on UM.

Takara:

IDW accuracy + not-Minimus Ambus= win
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Would that mean that in the Japanese continuity that Ultra Magnus is really Ultra Maureen and is pregnant with Alpha Teeny?

Seriously - how do they rationalise within the genre that Alpha Trion is the fruit of Ultra Magnus' belly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Takara:

IDW accuracy + not-Minimus Ambus= win
    What??? I never realised he has red thighs in the IDW universe. I guess not need to parts swap since it's canon, but still means I'll need a Minimus Ambus from Hasbro.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:MTMTE12_..._in_action.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    What??? I never realised he has red thighs in the IDW universe. I guess not need to parts swap since it's canon, but still means I'll need a Minimus Ambus from Hasbro.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:MTMTE12_..._in_action.jpg
    It's worth noting that such was only the case in season 1.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust