Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2015 Transformers exclusives (July 9-12)

Default SDCC 2015 Transformers exclusives (July 9-12)

It's getting close to the official reveals of the SDCC exclusive Transformers, as we've had the announcement of when they are hosting their presentations, and now a tease that there will be another Kreo exclusive this year.

As of this moment, there are no plans for the 2015 KRE-O Transformers: Robots in Disguise line, currently available in Canada, to be available for purchase in the U.S. However, we do have some exciting KRE-O special edition items planned for San Diego Comic-Con, and we look forward to sharing details about those soon, as well as more news about the future of the KRE-O brand.
    I would expect a couple of massive exclusives this year, like in past years, but for now we can speculate on what they might have as a Kreo exclusive this year, now that it has been made official that none of the 2015 RID Kreo sets will be released in America (and we aren't getting anything Kreo related this year in Australia), it still leaves the Gen1 Kreo from NY Toyfair that might still show up in America.
    Maybe it will be redeco combiner Kreo, to go with the Combiner theme this year.

A lot of people are expecting a redeco of the Devastator Combiner, while I think the combiner exclusive will be the fan-vote set... as there aren't too many other (western retailer) options for an expensive limited edition set like a combiner that is likely to be made up of unknown or obscure characters to the mainstream consumer.

That is one shiny purply Devy

BOOM! No yellow Devastator SDCC exclusive

I am happy

Yes... that's an SDCC exclusive for this year, which will be available here at the Sydney and Brisbane Conventions... as it was something that the Hasbro people showed me at Toyfair.

The interior of the box is designed to look like that artwork in the back of the original Generations book... and the toy itself isn't too much different to the regular version. A bit like the Metroplex toy in 2013 as it just has some shiny bits added.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yes... that's an SDCC exclusive for this year, which will be available here at the Sydney and Brisbane Conventions... as it was something that the Hasbro people showed me at Toyfair.
    Thats pretty cool to know... I bet you have been sitting on that information for a while now.

Which conventions?

I went for the AGC-Con Metroplex because the original Metroplex had a chrome face and thighs like the SDCC/AGC version. I really don't see myself getting this SDCC Devastator because he has never had chrome like this in the past. I'm not going to order a Devastator till we see what Takara do because Hasbro's is already fairly cartoon accurate.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

The interior of the box is designed to look like that artwork in the back of the original Generations book... and the toy itself isn't too much different to the regular version. A bit like the Metroplex toy in 2013 as it just has some shiny bits added.
    Damn, I really like the look of it. Too bad they didn't have a convention in Melbourne so I could pick one up.

they do, but it's before SDCC, so we don't get any of the good stuff

that it then?
    Can't say i'm impressed, surely *another* green Devastator is really pushing the friendship a little now?