Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Movie toy images & names from Toyfair

Default Official Movie toy images & names from Toyfair

Hasbro have released to USA Today, a set of official images of some Movie toys, but most are part of the Gimmick line - One-step-changers (like botshots I guess), with Bumblebee getting a mega size of three times the price of the others.
    Thrown in with them is a look at another gimmick toy - Chomp and Stomp Grimlock (the electronic one we recently heard some soundbytes to).

Possible plot spoilers...

The names should be correct... as the news site wouldn't have a clue about the characters if Hasbro didn't mention it. (TFW has the names on the picture files too - and it is best to look at those ones, as Seibertron have watermarked their copies as if they own them)

One step changers
    - Optimus
    - Drift (blue)
    - Lockdown (grey)
    - Crosshairs (green) - probably the one on the teaser trailer
    - Stinger (red)
    - Slash (yellow grey dino)
    - Hound (dark green truck)

Mega One step changer
    - Bumblebee

Chomp & Stomp
    - Grimlock

Coming later this year, the Transformers: Robots in Disguise line from Hasbro is built with the younger set (ages 5-and-up) in mind and features a variety of characters from director Michael Bay's upcoming fourth Transformers film, in theaters June 27. Many of the toys will be on display Sunday through Wednesday in New York City as part of Toy Fair 2014.

Eighteen Autobot, Decepticon and Dinobot personalities roll out in the One-Step Changers assortment ($9.99 each, available in May). Youngsters can convert heroic Autobots such as their leader Optimus, loyal soldier Hound, the new Dinobot named Slash and former Decepticon tactician Drift — as well as bad guys like ace Decepticon bounty hunter Lockdown — from robot to secondary vehicle or dinosaur form in one move.

Fans of Optimus' trusted Autobot confidante Bumblebee get a treat with his Mega One-Step figure ($29.99, August). Not only can he switch from robot to sports car quickly, but he also comes with a disc launcher. Just avoid shooting the family dog with flying discs, kids.

Children of the 1980s grew up loving Grimlock, and the ancient warrior returns for a new generation with Chomp and Stomp Grimlock ($79.99, August). The Dinobot boasts a chomping jaw and light-up in eyes in beast mode, and has an easy transformation to sword-swinging robot, too. Grimlock also interacts with his fellow toys — he comes with a nonconverting Optimus so kids can relive the extremely nerdy moment from the trailer where the Autobot rides Grimlock into battle, plus unlock sounds and pop-out weapons. Plus, he can be used with other One-Step Changer figures and has different lights and sounds whether you pair him with an Autobot or Decepticon.
    TFW has also listed these alt-modes... which I'm guessing are based on known images from the sets and other released images or info...

Optimus Prime (Western Star truck) Autobot,
    Drift (Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse) Autobot,
    Lockdown
    (Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 Coupe) Decepticon,
    Stinger (Pagani Huayra) Decepticon,
    Hound
    (Oshkosh Medium Tactical Vehicle) Autobot,
    Slash
    (Velociraptor) Dinobot,
    Bumblebee
    (2014 Concept Camaro) Autobot,
    Grimlock
    (T-Rex) Dinobot.
    Last edited by griffin; 15th February 2014 at 04:13 PM.

Grimlock I'm on the fence with, would need to see more of him. But I just can't get my head around these super simple designs. I look forward to seeing the big boy toys.

Tried hiding a plot spoiler about Drift... so if it isn't too late, try not to look too hard at the quoted text.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Tried hiding a plot spoiler about Drift... so if it isn't too late, try not to look too hard at the quoted text.
    Haha when I read it the first time, I didn't even notice it was a spoiler. I thought that was sort of already known? Either way not something to debate in here

It's in an official toy press-release by Hasbro, but wasn't in the teaser trailer, so it could be either something in the movie (like Wheelie - a spoiler), or before the movie starts (like Brains & Jetfire - not a spoiler). Those aren't spoilers, but I've hidden it so that it doesn't make it obvious what the Drift spoiler could be.

I just noticed a (potential) spoiler in the description of one of the characters in a Hasbro press release.

SPOILER ALERT

(Highlight text to see post)

Here's what they say for Grimlock Chomp and Stomp.

GRIMLOCK has different lights and sounds depending on whether he’s riding into battle with an AUTOBOT or a DECEPTICON. Figure comes with a non-converting Optimus Prime robot figure. Requires two AAA batteries (demo batteries included).

Now it could just be a toy action feature they've added in the design, that is completely independent of the movie plot. But I'm going to be really ticked off if Grimlock becomes the new Sentinel Prime Judas. That's not true to his character.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Responded in the spoiler discussion thread.

From the official images released after Toyfair, did anyone who looked at the Construct-Bots sets, have a guess at what the Dino partner Wideload is (paired with Hound)?

I was trying to look up some options, and started thinking that it could just be a made up form... as there are others that don't have enough physical characteristics to identify either.

And after reading this article (which doesn't appear to credit its sources, so I'm not sure how much of it is accurate), it kinda makes it difficult using some of the classic Dinosaur names now when seeing toys like ours taking on the older, traditional forms.

Seibertron have managed to get their hands on the Movie "Generations" packaging at the Toyfair exhibit, to take photos of the backs of the boxes and cards... for the character profiles.
    Be warned, some could be spoilers, but most of them are very short and vague, so don't say anything that hasn't been in one of the press releases all ready.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Seibertron have managed to get their hands on the Movie "Generations" packaging at the Toyfair exhibit, to take photos of the backs of the boxes and cards... for the character profiles.
    Be warned, some could be spoilers, but most of them are very short and vague, so don't say anything that hasn't been in one of the press releases all ready.
    That Dino's in that display of AOE Generations figures look good, Scorn and Slash in particular. I like the "generations collectors series" stamp too, a nice touch. Looking forward to these.