Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Nemesis Prime

Default Masterpiece Nemesis Prime

Ok so with the recent purchase, and eventual collection of a new MP Prime, ive decided to do a nemesis prime repaint.

but now i need to ask all you custom gurus a question or two...

firstly after i dissasemble it, should i sand the parts down until all the paint is gone, or just a light sand?

also should i put a white undercoat on before the black, or go straight over the red?

ill post progress pics as i go along

cheers

Can i have your MP Box , iķi trade you later ?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

light sand and straight up black

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    light sand and straight up black
    +1 or at least a very dark grey undercoat otherwise it will take forever to cover the white with black

thats what i tought, i just wanted to check :P

work will commence this sunday

and when we say "light" sand, how light are we talking?

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    +1 or at least a very dark grey undercoat otherwise it will take forever to cover the white with black
    Preach on brotha!

This is really awesome - have learnt heaps from gamblor and you

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Here's a question - what will you do about the sculpted Autobot insignia on his shoulder? Will you try to sand it back and replace it with a Decepticon insignia sticker (or try to sculpt one yourself and attach it) or perhaps paint it purple and make him "Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime"?

Or do what Hasbro did with Universe Nemesis Prime (repaint of the Big Convoy mould) - paint it black and hope nobody notices!

Well he could scar the insignia and paint it (sigil) white edged, dark purple then the scar in blood red. kinda like Armada Wheeljack's crossed off Auto sign. That way his Nemesis Prime would have an original flair to it..... just a suggestion. then on the other shoulder he'd have the Decepticon insignia, bright and clear.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Well he could scar the insignia and paint it (sigil) white edged, dark purple then the scar in blood red. kinda like Armada Wheeljack's crossed off Auto sign. That way his Nemesis Prime would have an original flair to it..... just a suggestion. then on the other shoulder he'd have the Decepticon insignia, bright and clear.
    Good idea. Although I'd try to scratch or cut it up real good. Not enough to make it unidentifiable but enough to make it look like he has tried to take it off or destroy it himself to rid himself of the Autobot allegiance
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    thats what i tought, i just wanted to check :P

work will commence this sunday

and when we say "light" sand, how light are we talking?
    okay by light you wanna use a a fine sandpaper P800 (i usually use that and a grey scourer pad not the ones found in the kitchen though) is usually pretty good, but what you wanna basically do is flatten the surface so basically instead of having a shiny surface cause you will have a flat surface i.e. more like a flat black surface not a gloss black surface if that makes sense