Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: JP Unite Warriors Menasor now official

More pics TakTom so I can decide if i will pre order Superion and Menasor...I'm already skipping Hasbro local releases and I don't know how long I can hold specially with the sale prices now

I will be getting this for sure, none of this Off-Road business. Although I'll be getting Hasbro's as well just because I can't help myself ;P

The wait between Hasbro and Takara is why I am double-dipping
    Hope to see more of the Takara version soon

Gotta question for you all.
    What do you think of these extra bots that don't belong to each combiner like the helicopter for Superior and this offroad for Menasor?
    I've been arguing on FB that they don't belong with them. But then I get blasted and am told to stop living in the past, which is totally ridiculous.
    How can any true TF accept these alterations just because Hasbro and IDW says so.
    Who is IDW to alter TF history in the first place?

What's next, Predaking is going to have a vehicle as a limb and that's okay with everyone?

I think its a clever way for Hasbro to sell some more repaints, but also that it's a bit underhanded to sell these guys as replacements so fans buy them now and then reveal that the "original" members are coming anyway. Giving the kids some options is good and encourages the actual scramble city part instead of insisting that each gestalt can only have certain members.

IDW is not "altering Transformers history". IDW is telling their own story about Transformers (that sometimes bends to Hasbro's toy sale whims). Their universe is an alternate to other G1 universes like Sunbow's, Marvel's and Dreamwave's and all contradict each other. That said, even in IDW continuity, Wildrider and Slingshot were part of the original teams of Stunticons and Aerialbots, but then things changed because things change in stories.

Like Paulbot says, IDW is not replacing Gen1, they are giving us yet another version of Gen1... like the differences between the original comic and cartoon.
    Not accepting the Alpha Bravo and Off-Road toys is like not accepting the original Jetfire toy because it isn't called Skyfire and doesn't even look like him either.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

How is IDW altering history when it's Hasbro's decision to use the new members to begin with?

Hey don't ask me. I am only repeating what some fans on FB are saying.
    Because these alterations are in IDW comics and Hasbro says so they are taking it as canon.
    I don't read the comics and I cannot in good conscious accept a non air plane member to be part of Superion.
    I am stubborn like that haha.

Don't worry, everyone has the right to support their own preferred version when there are multiple official versions to choose from... Rumble and Frenzy anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Don't worry, everyone has the right to support their own preferred version when there are multiple official versions to choose from... Rumble and Frenzy anyone?
    For a moment I was there thinking that was siding with RIBFIR, until I realised it was hard wired into me.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust