Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Australia Post lost my parcel.. help?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Keep at Auspost. They are rubbish and will do anything to get out of taking responsibility. Point out that it is their job to deliver to you, that is what they are getting paid to do.
    You will likely have to make a pest out of yourself, just to get through to them.
    Good luck.
    The problem is they weren't paid by you thus you are not the customer. They are not obliged to do anything for you

It's messy and incredibly unfair but it works like this: When you purchase goods, an exchange is made. You pay money and the seller is obliged to give you your goods. Following me so far?

Now, when an item is posted, it is a contract between the sender and the postal service (or courier) is made. Sender pays me money, and I deliver to this address. If the item is damaged or lost, any recompense is paid to the sender. The recipient does not factor into this equation except as a destination.

The whole thing is muddied even further when it is international because a second postal service is involved.

So the chain goes Auspost is responsible to HK post, who is then responsible to Chimungmung, who is responsible to you. As the sender Chimungmung has the most power here to enquire about where the parcel has gone but it's a horribly slow process to get Tony to chase it up through HK post. Might as well work at it from both ends. And if worse comes to worst, he still owes you a Wheeljack.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Megatran Guest

I recently purchased an overseas book which was delivered to the wrong address. The book was defaced before the neighbour forwarded it on to me. Got absolutely no where with AusPost. Got the same story as described by CBratron. Amazon doesn't want to know about it either. Sorry for the bad news.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

FYI they screwed up with my parcel locker so there is no guarantee even for a po box.

95% I had no issues with Japan stores though.

Hi Jaina,

As you might know it will be hard to get something done. but as my missus works for aust post, i have asked her to try and help. So here is what she told me.

First off ring customer service on 131318.
    Tell them you have lodged a customer complaint form and you are not happy with the outcome as you have not received your parcel, which states it has been delivered. If it was signature on delivery who signed for it. And where was it delivered to. Also ask what time it was delivered. And ask them to find out from the contractor where he delivered it.

If they have no response for your questiions, ask to speak to a supervisor. Ask the questions that you will ask of the first operator. Which are above. Also be firm and demand that something be done or compensated. But don't be rude.

Also ask them who will be paying for your lost parcel, as you have paid for a product which you have not received.

Hopefully that gets them trying to find out where your parcel is, let us know what happens as i might be able to help a little more.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

With the holiday season coming I pray we all get our toys .

Australia Post could not find a parcel (mailing box bx4) that I had to send over to Melbourne.

Did call the "help line" and written to them - after 10 working days, they reverted to me via a letter saying they cannot find it and the compensation is $50.

So I call them and question the integrity of the postal system as it is a fairly large box and it is strange that it can go missing. When I made reference to the letter, the person mentioned that they are not honouring the $50 refund.... i was dumbfonded when I heard it... told them it is amazing how they can churn out a letter and not honouring it.... the person then said they will only refund the postage cost... CASE CLOSED

the person kept saying that I should get insurance next time to prevent such things from happening and I replied saying, if Australia Post is not able to deliver a simple parcel and Australia Post is using this "blackmail" of we consumer having to buy insurance, registered mail, etc - it is simply ridiculous...

If given a chance, I really hope they revamp Australia Post and their postage cost is simply rude to talk about...

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    Australia Post could not find a parcel (mailing box bx4) that I had to send over to Melbourne.

Did call the "help line" and written to them - after 10 working days, they reverted to me via a letter saying they cannot find it and the compensation is $50.

So I call them and question the integrity of the postal system as it is a fairly large box and it is strange that it can go missing. When I made reference to the letter, the person mentioned that they are not honouring the $50 refund.... i was dumbfonded when I heard it... told them it is amazing how they can churn out a letter and not honouring it.... the person then said they will only refund the postage cost... CASE CLOSED

the person kept saying that I should get insurance next time to prevent such things from happening and I replied saying, if Australia Post is not able to deliver a simple parcel and Australia Post is using this "blackmail" of we consumer having to buy insurance, registered mail, etc - it is simply ridiculous...

If given a chance, I really hope they revamp Australia Post and their postage cost is simply rude to talk about...
    I'm speechless
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Luckily I have had nothing but good experiences with Australia Post. Even the subcontractors who deliver parcels in the last three places I've lived have been friendly and responsible and I've never had anything go missing except for that one time I bought from a dodgy new zealand clothing site who conveniently had an estimated shipping time of 30 days or more to eliminate paypal disputes, got my address details incorrect and refused to refund me even though tracking information showed the goods were returned to china

Their costs however... sheesh. I've noticed an increasing number of letters delivered but with their postages tamps unstamped which I think is a silent protest on the part of their postal workers who are seeing prices skyrocket but no improvement in the service provided nor their working conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    The problem is they weren't paid by you thus you are not the customer. They are not obliged to do anything for you

It's messy and incredibly unfair but it works like this: When you purchase goods, an exchange is made. You pay money and the seller is obliged to give you your goods. Following me so far?

Now, when an item is posted, it is a contract between the sender and the postal service (or courier) is made. Sender pays me money, and I deliver to this address. If the item is damaged or lost, any recompense is paid to the sender. The recipient does not factor into this equation except as a destination.

The whole thing is muddied even further when it is international because a second postal service is involved.

So the chain goes Auspost is responsible to HK post, who is then responsible to Chimungmung, who is responsible to you. As the sender Chimungmung has the most power here to enquire about where the parcel has gone but it's a horribly slow process to get Tony to chase it up through HK post. Might as well work at it from both ends. And if worse comes to worst, he still owes you a Wheeljack.
    after responding to the email and pointing out that yes thankyou for noticing it was delivered it just wasnt delivered HERE, their response was pretty much exactly this - that until the item arrives, it is legally the property of the sender and we have no basis to launch an investigation, that tony has to do it via hong kong post, and that they'll investigate from that instead.

so tony contacted hong kong post which actually wasnt a slow process at all.. they replied this morning to say 'according to the terms of the e-parcel express service to australia, the information as published on the australia postal website will be served as final confirmation of the item status, therefore we cannot pursue further inquiry'.

so i assume the investigation australia post said they'd start via hk post/tony also isn't going to happen, because it says it was delivered. i guess it just doesnt matter WHERE it was delivered

tony has been nothing but helpful and it's not his fault that whoever delivered the package messed up / whoever received it is dishonest scum, so i dont know how i feel about pressuring him for a replacement? sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I recently purchased an overseas book which was delivered to the wrong address. The book was defaced before the neighbour forwarded it on to me. Got absolutely no where with AusPost. Got the same story as described by CBratron. Amazon doesn't want to know about it either. Sorry for the bad news.
    oh my god seriously? the hell is wrong with people

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    Hi Jaina,

As you might know it will be hard to get something done. but as my missus works for aust post, i have asked her to try and help. So here is what she told me.

(helpful things)
    thankyou! i'll be trying this today but after the 'it's the senders property go away' attitude earlier im afraid thats as far as i'll get again..

Quote Originally Posted by jaina85 View Post
    so tony contacted hong kong post which actually wasnt a slow process at all.. they replied this morning to say 'according to the terms of the e-parcel express service to australia, the information as published on the australia postal website will be served as final confirmation of the item status, therefore we cannot pursue further inquiry'.

so i assume the investigation australia post said they'd start via hk post/tony also isn't going to happen, because it says it was delivered. i guess it just doesnt matter WHERE it was delivered
    It sounds like Australia Post have prevented anyone ever being able to force them to track down a missing item, by automatically listing items as delivered, even if it wasn't, or it was negligently sent to the wrong address... because they know that a sender or sending postal service can't dispute a "delivered" entry, and therefore can't force Australia Post to track down a lost item.
    They're not accepting any responsibility for the items they carry, by preventing anyone from filing a claim against them, with "delivered" being used whether it was delivered or not to the right address.