Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: TFSS 5.0 Is Live For Members

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    I hate the club sometimes...

They have just published a new story, making Alpha Bravo and Offroad limbs for Toxitron. What the hell??? What about Impactor? The unknown bots? Damn mixing and matching!
    Never did trust that shifty Alpha Bravo. An aerialbot that's not a jet. Phfh!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Can anyone remember if fractyl will come with a hfg?

What's a hfg?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    What's a hfg?
    Hand-Foot-Gun - that combiner accessory that all the Deluxes have, but BotCon Terrorsaur was missing (which might have some people worried that Fractyl will also be missing it... but I think since Fractyl wasn't yet produced at the time of FunPub getting Terrorsaur, they would make sure it isn't forgotten this time - I would hope).

I asked coz tfwiki says it's not included.... And a lot of post Botcon talk people think it's not included.... So trying to find something that says it is

That would be disappointing if it doesn't. Even if it isn't noted as a combiner limb in their fiction (comic or prose story), it doesn't mean that a collector who gets it shouldn't be prevented from using its third or fourth modes (combiner arm or leg) because it didn't have the foot/hand accessory included.

I don't know why they wouldn't include it regardless of how the character is portrayed in their (semi-fanfic) comic... how many people would complain about it being included with a character that never becomes a combiner limb in the FunPub comic... and how many people would complain about it being left out of a toy that has two of its four modes needing it. That's half the function of the toy, that everyone getting it will try out at some stage. (few people will read the Club's stories that have this character in it anyway, and seriously, who is going to refuse to turn Fractyl into a Combiner limb because the comic says it cant be one?)
    If one option creates negativity and the other doesn't, why be stubborn and go with the negative option just to be accurate to a story that most buyers of that toy will not even read.

It's almost like they are looking for ways to generate complaints from fans (if this ends up being true).

Fractyl IS a combined limb in the prose stories... I wonder if this is all due to tfwiki stating this based off the fact the part hasn't been pictured with the mockups?

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Fractyl IS a combined limb in the prose stories... I wonder if this is all due to tfwiki stating this based off the fact the part hasn't been pictured with the mockups?
    Well there you go... I don't read their prose stories.

I don't think some of the BotCon toy images had the hand-foot either so shouldn't be an indicator.

An email today from FunPub lets us know that they aren't expecting the toys to arrive until "late Fall", which would be November... warning those who chose the instalment option that their 2nd & 3rd payments could be very close together.

Hello Subscribers,
    Just a quick update to remind you that the FSS 5.0 figures will not ship until late fall. As stated at BotCon, based on the manufacturer's schedule, we may end up having to ship multiple products in the same month in order to have them all shipped by the end of our contract.
    In addition, this also means that for you on the installment payment plan, that the second and third installments may be due very close together. When we have a firm ship date from the manufacturer, we will let you know. We are currently trying to get them to move the date sooner.
    Thanks for your support,
    If they end up having less than six weeks to send out the six shipments, FunPub will make a lot of extra money from what they charged to cover six separate shipments... not that they haven't made a lot of money from postage over-charges before.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    An email today from FunPub lets us know that they aren't expecting the toys to arrive until "late Fall", which would be November... warning those who chose the instalment option that their 2nd & 3rd payments could be very close together.
    It's refreshing & pleasing to know that FunPub are getting on the front foot to let Subscribers know of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If they end up having less than six weeks to send out the six shipments, FunPub will make a lot of extra money from what they charged to cover six separate shipments... not that they haven't made a lot of money from postage over-charges before.
    Perhaps people should buy from the aftermarket if they feel postage cost is too excessive by FunPub.