Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Wave Generations pics - Whirl, Scoop, Starscream

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    True, I do buy most of my stuff online. I was just hoping that I might be able to pick up a 2nd Scoop at retail rather than trying to get a 2nd one on eBay
    Even with the AUD the way it is, 4 Deluxes & a Voyager shipped from RK cost me $154. If you were to buy the same amount at Kmart ( if we even see them) it'd cost you $139, Target, $165. I can live with that

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Even with the AUD the way it is, 4 Deluxes & a Voyager shipped from RK cost me $154. If you were to buy the same amount at Kmart ( if we even see them) it'd cost you $139, Target, $165. I can live with that
    Ouch, I only paid 113.19 from BBTS adding the same figures to my POL. I thought RK was supposed to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Ouch, I only paid 113.19 from BBTS adding the same figures to my POL. I thought RK was supposed to be cheap.
    That's the beauty of PoL
    i do shop BbTS, but at the time they still didnt have the Waspinator Deluxe Wave (this was before they sent an email explaining why).
    Although i'm happy having the figures & what i paid, i won't be using RK unless necessary Comparable figures purchased outright from BBTS with trackable shipping came to $139 US -it shouldnt cost so much from a Hong Kong based seller

Noticed something about the sticker sheet when I was applying mine just now. Seibertron's gallery has a picture that gives the pilots name and rank on a particular sticker. On my sticker sheet however the same sticker says "Restricted Access Only Caution". Must be at least two sticker sheet variants out there in the wild.

Also given lack of distrubution to Aussie retail, it is IMO the better option

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Noticed something about the sticker sheet when I was applying mine just now. Seibertron's gallery has a picture that gives the pilots name and rank on a particular sticker. On my sticker sheet however the same sticker says "Restricted Access Only Caution". Must be at least two sticker sheet variants out there in the wild.
    The sticker sheet that came with mine had that sticker as number 18, but didn't indicate where it should go on the instructions. I figured that William S. Hardy was one of the designers or someone else at Hasbro like what happenned with the tampographs for MP Acid Storm. Love to find out who it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    The sticker sheet that came with mine had that sticker as number 18, but didn't indicate where it should go on the instructions. I figured that William S. Hardy was one of the designers or someone else at Hasbro like what happenned with the tampographs for MP Acid Storm. Love to find out who it is!
    According to Whirl's Wiki page, it's Chief Warrant Officer (CW4) Wild Bill of G.I.Joe fame.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Wild_Bill
    Last edited by Sinnertwin; 2nd February 2014 at 08:03 PM.

According to Whirl's Wiki page, it's Chief Warrant Officer (CW-4) Wild Bill of G.I.Joe fame.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Wild_Bill
    That's actually pretty cool For me it works on a couple of levels. Back in the early 80s when Hasbro were engineering the reintroduction of GI Joe, Mego were producing a very similar line of toys called Eagle Force (there's even speculation amongst some mego collectors that the GI joe line copied Eagle Force I've never seen anything to back that up though!). The one character that I had from the Eagle Force line was their character Wild Bill, which I have now got MOSC! That means that Mackyverse Whirl can have a pilot

This has been out a little while at online stores, but since it has appeared at US Retail, a gallery has been posted up... for anyone yet to get a good look at this figure.