Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Kreo Wave 2 revealed

Default Custom Kreo Wave 2 revealed

Finally the Hound Kreon surfaces... but is part of the more expensive Custom sets. (each one has about 20 parts to mix & match)
    It's a darker green than the one that Hasbro had on display way back at BotCon 2011 (two and a half years ago!), but some fans will be happy that it is finally coming.

Wave 2 will have a couple odd characters thrown in too, after the very iconic first wave...
    (Gen1) Cliffjumper
    (Gen1) Hound
    (Gen1) Jazz
    (Gen1) Dreadwing
    (Gen1) Galvatron
    (BH) Predaking

Why call him Dreadwing when it is obviously based on G1 Dreadwind? For the uninitiated it could make them confuse the character with the latest Generations G2 Dreadwing. I'm sure Hasbro still have the rights to the Dreadwind name.

But then they gave us Kreon Acid Rain instead of Acid Storm so who knows what the muggins in the naming department are thinking of

See that they spelt Galvatron as "Galavatron"... which could just be a typo, but if not, the Kreo department haven't been on the ball with TFs names (see the Combiner Predacons, with two names mixed up, and others given new names when "Autobot xxx" would have been better for us fans buying these for those classic characters).

They all look great! Gimme that Dreadwind and Predaking.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Why call him Dreadwing when it is obviously based on G1 Dreadwind? For the uninitiated it could make them confuse the character with the latest Generations G2 Dreadwing. I'm sure Hasbro still have the rights to the Dreadwind name.
    I think it's safe to say that they don't! Otherwise they would have used it. Unless it's just a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post

I think it's safe to say that they don't! Otherwise they would have used it. Unless it's just a typo.
    No there are tons of examples of them using a different name when they still have the rights to the original. Wheeljack got called Downshift in Energon because the main writer thought Wheeljack sounded like a Decepticon name. Bot Shots Wildrider was named Brake-Neck even though at the same time Stunticon Wildrider got released in the AM line. Heck, even as mentioned in this thread, Kre-O Acid Storm got called Acid Wing for no good reason.

Galvatron, holy sheet. That looks superb.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    No there are tons of examples of them using a different name when they still have the rights to the original. Wheeljack got called Downshift in Energon because the main writer thought Wheeljack sounded like a Decepticon name. Bot Shots Wildrider was named Brake-Neck even though at the same time Stunticon Wildrider got released in the AM line. Heck, even as mentioned in this thread, Kre-O Acid Storm got called Acid Wing for no good reason.
    Yeah, Acid Wing is weird. Do Constuction toys count as a separate thing in the world of Trademarks? (edit: apparently not! They all just count as toys) Maybe some other Megabloks thing called Acid Storm? Dunno! Your other 2 examples are irrelevant.

Unless I'm forgetting something, the last toy named Dreadwind released was the Botcon exclusive in 2007. 6 years is plenty of time to lose a Trademark.

While I'm here, I'll just drop this wiki link.

Yeah, Acid Wing is weird. Do Constuction toys count as a separate thing in the world of Trademarks? (edit: apparently not! They all just count as toys) Maybe some other Megabloks thing called Acid Storm? Dunno! Your other 2 examples are irrelevant.

Unless I'm forgetting something, the last toy named Dreadwind released was the Botcon exclusive in 2007. 6 years is plenty of time to lose a Trademark.

Wow - that's twice where instead of discussing the subject you have without any proof just quite bluntly and abruptly told me that I haven't got things right. And I fail to see how my other two examples are irrelevant - considering they are examples of a TF name not being used even though Hasbro still had the rights to it. Just saying a point is irreleveant does not make it so. Come back with something concrete that says they have lost the rights to the name 'Dreadwind' and I will happily concede that you are correct, even if it is just from a guess. If not I'd appreciate it if you stop talking like you have the answers and bluntly telling folk they are wrong. I could be the one that is wrong quite easily, and will happily admit if I am since I am only making an educated guess.

Oh, and in regards to your point. There was 19 years between Skyquake toys and they didn't loose that trademark so while a 6 year gap certainly is enough time to loose the rights to the name 'Dreadwind', it also certainly is by no means proof that is what happened

Want that Hound one but it's such a shame they have given them a crappy chrome helmet! How ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Want that Hound one but it's such a shame they have given them a crappy chrome helmet! How ridiculous.
    I think he comes with a non chrome helmet too judging by the picture.