Thread: MTMTE #28 preview

Default MTMTE #28 preview

Full preview of MtMtE #28

So much win, the dialogue is snappy and so cleverly done, I've missed it!

I'd honestly be happy with getting 7 pages a week to get a constant drip feed if it is as well written as the Hotrod and Prime bits in the preview.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Ok so the preview for MTMTE #28 had an interesting scene with Ratchet. "We can't remove Megatron's spark without killing him. His internal organs are shot". Gosh, thanks Ratchet.

What the heck is it with making up ridiculous crap for minor plot issues? This comment is obviously to make a criminal trial seem necessary, but you could have just done that with Prime saying "Megs must be held accountable", blah blah blah. I mean it really is a no-brainer that the 'good guy' Autobots would hold a trial because, er, you don't just execute a POW or put them into the equivalent of a coma just because.

You can't remove his spark because of his internal organs?! You guys swap bodies all the damn time. Often because your internal organs are worn out. Megatron did exactly that when he left his stealth bomber body for the one he's in now. Geez writers.

Same as in the first (?) issue of RID when Drift is talking about the Rossum Trinity 'burn out your Transformation cog and you can die'. Megatron has specifically stated that his 'cog was shattered by prime and he was stuck in gun mode for ages. And Tarn burns his out all the time. He just installs a new one!

I just find it really irritating when writers make sweeping changes to lore and how the world works for minor conversation pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Ok so the preview for MTMTE #28 had an interesting scene with Ratchet. "We can't remove Megatron's spark without killing him. His internal organs are shot". Gosh, thanks Ratchet.

What the heck is it with making up ridiculous crap for minor plot issues? This comment is obviously to make a criminal trial seem necessary
    No, it just means that spark containment isn't an option. Prime and Starscream would have wanted a trial anyway, it just means that (according to Prowl and Ratchet) the only 'guilty' potential outcome is public execution.

Time for a new review thread for season 2!

Also don't judge a story or plot point by a preview. The next page Ratchet might tell Skids he was making it up because x

While on the topic of MTMTE, a new character has been shown off by one of the artists, called Riptide (a cybertronian speedboat).

It looks nice, and we have so few boat Transformers toys... but I think the design looks too complex to end up being a toy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Ok so the preview for MTMTE #28 had an interesting scene with Ratchet. "We can't remove Megatron's spark without killing him. His internal organs are shot[/URL]". Gosh, thanks Ratchet.

You can't remove his spark because of his internal organs?! You guys swap bodies all the damn time. Often because your internal organs are worn out. Megatron did exactly that when he left his stealth bomber body for the one he's in now. Geez writers.

Same as in the first (?) issue of RID when Drift is talking about the Rossum Trinity 'burn out your Transformation cog and you can die'. Megatron has specifically stated that his 'cog was shattered by prime and he was stuck in gun mode for ages. And Tarn burns his out all the time. He just installs a new one!

I just find it really irritating when writers make sweeping changes to lore and how the world works for minor conversation pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Also don't judge a story or plot point by a preview. The next page Ratchet might tell Skids he was making it up because x
    So it turns out you will find out why they can't remove Megatron's spark if you read the whole book

Rossum's Trinity is that "Damage to one can cause the others to shut down" (MTMTE #3). "Can" be the operative word. Anthropomorphising a bit, I would view the T-Cog as equivalent to the Heart (you can swap out a human heart and a person can keep living), but you can't swap out the Brain (Brain module) or Soul (Spark).