Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Masterpiece Prowl (MP-04) official images

awesome, hopefully my local toysrus will have this I haven't gotten around to getting a takara version, then was worried about getting a KO one without knowing

Megatran Guest

The $100 price tag is expensive and inconsistent with previous pricing of rebooted Hasbro MPs, which were reasonably affordable. I think RRP for Acid Storm and Soundwave were $100 & $150, respectively.

Hard to tell, but the box looks oversized for the toy. A big box therefore commands higher pricing?

D'oh, no missile launchers. Have to track down a third party
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

For AU$100 I was really expecting a 2-pack for that sized figure. It's almost half the size of Acid Storm, but the same price.
    A big window-less box will disappoint some people who don't know how small the toy really is. (no launchers and similar colours to the JP version... people should just buy the JP version if it is still cheaper)

So with this being MP4, MP3 is either Grimlock (mockup packaging was at US Toyfair) or Sunstorm (the only other MP currently in TRU computer systems with Prowl, so should be next with Prowl).

Dunno if it's just the pics but the paint looks like a duller white than takara. Takara's prowl is a nice pure white whilst hasbro looks like it's been yellowed a bit.

Might just be my eyes though lol.

I dont' think the box will be as big as soundwave/acidstorm but i agree that the box looks bigger than it should be. Maybe there's a reason for the box size? additional items to justify the price?

Question is...will this shelf warm? or will it end up like Soundwave?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    I was hoping it would be a two pack?
    The box doesn't make prowl worth $95.
    It almost does....

The price is an unpleasant surprise. May not be worth waiting for Hasbros Magnus now if this trend continues.

Wow that is certainly a shocker. Takara's version being much cheaper? Doesn't make sense really. The new packaging style is pretty nice, I'll give it that- but that's all it's got. For that price one could get just about 2 early bird Takara prowls...

Was considering getting a second mp22 going with hasbro ver but seeing this price tag...

^Totally agree. One of the strong points with Hasbro MPs over TakTOM's of late has been the cheaper price tag. But now that's been taken away w/ MP Prowl slated to cost far above TakTOM's RRP (even with the cost of shipping).

On the plus side, Prowl seems to be virtually identical to his TakTOM counterpart, so there doesn't seem to be any skimping on cosmetic quality as we've seen w/ previous Hasbro versions of MPs. But it still doesn't justify the massive price hike. At this rate, I don't see the advantage of skipping TakTOM MPs in favour of local Hasbro releases anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Hard to tell, but the box looks oversized for the toy. A big box therefore commands higher pricing?
    If the box were laced with gold. But I cannot see how additional cardboard justifies an additional $30 to the TakTOM RRP.

Makes me glad that I've preordered Wheeljack and Bumblebee. I was actually on the fence about whether or not to preorder MP Ultra Magnus or wait for the local Hasbro release (as there shouldn't be any issues with the Freightliner vehicle licence), but at this rate I might as well just preorder the TakTOM version and pay below Japanese RRP if the Hasbro AU version might end up costing a lot more than full JP RRP!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Makes me glad that I've preordered Wheeljack and Bumblebee. I was actually on the fence about whether or not to preorder MP Ultra Magnus or wait for the local Hasbro release (as there shouldn't be any issues with the Freightliner vehicle licence), but at this rate I might as well just preorder the TakTOM version and pay below Japanese RRP if the Hasbro AU version might end up costing a lot more than full JP RRP!
    Gotta admit that $100 is pretty sharp. But perhaps Hasbro are thinking the the Masterpiece name alone justifies a higher price. Odd though as plastic for dollar wise, Optimus is much better value.

It wouldn't surprise me if they made a cheap Ultra Magnus when the time comes, keeping him along the lines of Optimus. Just bad news for any littler chaps when they may come out later though. The best strategy could be, buy the little guys from TT and the big guys from HB.