Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Combiners & group reviews/comments

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I find that shot of Thundercracker and Cyclonus standing together hilarious - seems silly to think that Thundercracker becomes smaller when he (not Bombshell) is reformatted by Unicron.
    Cyclonus is an ancient Cybertronian warrior though, not a reformatted Thundercracker (or Bombshell).

Griffin, how did you manage to get Armada Megatron's cannon on his hip like that? I think I can see how in principle it can be done, but I can't seem to get the cannon off his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Griffin, how did you manage to get Armada Megatron's cannon on his hip like that? I think I can see how in principle it can be done, but I can't seem to get the cannon off his arm.
    It's actually still on the arm, it is just on the inside of the arm and the arm is kept to his side to look like it is on his hip.... for display only though.
    It was something that Christalcase did, so I can't take credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I find that shot of Thundercracker and Cyclonus standing together hilarious - seems silly to think that Thundercracker becomes smaller when he (not Bombshell) is reformatted by Unicron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Cyclonus is an ancient Cybertronian warrior though, not a reformatted Thundercracker (or Bombshell).
    No, just no. There's debate over which robot became Cyclonus in TFTM, but it's between Skywarp and Bombshell. No one argues against Thundercracker being turned into Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    No, just no. There's debate over which robot became Cyclonus in TFTM, but it's between Skywarp and Bombshell. No one argues against Thundercracker being turned into Scourge.
    He's still an ancient Cybertronian warrior, though, and not an upgrade.

I've discovered how to make Menasor hold 6 out of 7 stunticon weapons (Blackjack's is excluded).
    Hand 1 - Place Offroad's axe in the top hole and place Dead End's pipe club in the bottom hole. The end result is that it looks like he's holding a long handle axe.
    Hand 2 - Place Motormaster's gun in the top hole and attach his sword onto one of the side tabs. Next, attach Brakedown's gunblade onto the tab on the other side (it fits perfectly). Now, place Drag Strip's gunblade in the bottom hole. Done.
    Last edited by shockNwave; 11th October 2015 at 11:18 PM.

I have Menasor's combined sword in one hand, Off Road's Axe at the top of his other hand, with Dragstrip's blade on the under side, while I have Breakdown's rifle in Motormaster's hand (as a shoulder gun for Menasor) and Dead End's pipe as an exhaust pipe in MM's other hand.

The full set of 2015 Generations toys, for anyone wanting to see how they scale with each other.

A slightly different shot:

Despite my usual 'only buying one' of a figure I've found I want the CW toys in both the individual bot and Gestalt modes. This has meant that I've had to buy 2 Rooks and 2 Blackjacks, but with the others from the four original teams I'm getting the Hasbro and Tak/Tom versions so there is a bit of variety. Just need UW Devastator and Defensor and this scene will be complete

After setting up this scene I finally understand why some people complained that Devastator is not in scale with the other combiners. But frag he looks cool so ya kinda have to overlook it

Oh, and I do have all the figures to make up Optimus Maximus - but I don't think I'll ever bother

Plugged some limbs into Hot Spot tonight, creating my first CW Gestalt. The final effect is actually pretty good huh. The feet are too small but it does create a nice sized large robot. On the shelf next to an RID Warrior BB it looks exactly how I want a giant robot to look.

Maybe I will keep Superion and get the missing parts of Menasor.

After playing around with the Wave 4 Autobots, I actually like them far more than their original molds! Didn't expect to since (esp Prowl, who is my third 'Dead End' mold), but it's pretty amazing what a splash of paint and a new head will do!