View Poll Results: Encore Fortress Maximus - worth buying?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah - it's Fortress bleeping Maximus!

28 68.29%
  • Yes, but I already have one

4 9.76%
  • Only if...

5 12.20%
  • Not worth it

2 4.88%
  • Not even interested

2 4.88%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Encore 23 Fortress Maximus

Default Toy Review - JP Encore 23 Fortress Maximus

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to get you started)

Series - Encore
    Sub-line - N/A
    Size/class - N/A
    New/remould/redeco - Reissue (expected to be very similar to the original)
    Wave - N/A (Encore 23)
    Released here - not here (in Japan March 30th 2013)
    Approximate Retail Price - 32,000yen (about AU$330)
    Approximate Size - 60cm (Fortress Maximus), 15cm (Cog), 15cm (Cerebros), 4cm (Spike).
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-modes - City/Battlestation (Fortress Maximus), 2x scout vehicles (Gasket & Grommet = Cog), big head (Cerebros), small head (Spike).
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Double Headmaster, Biggest mass-produced Transformers Toy ever.
    Main Colours - Mid grey, light grey, white, blue, red.
    Main Accessories - big long gun, big flat gun, 2x waist guns, 2x shin guns, radar dish, 2x arm ramps, Sword (Fortress Maximus), gun, 2x arms/guns (Cog), gun, sword, head (Cerebros).

NOTE - this is the Japanese version of Fortress Maximus, so comes with the "Master Sword", which has apparently been modified to allow it to come apart once joined together. It also should have a sword for Cerebros.

I'm so happy with mine. I can't believe how awesome he is. I normally go for modern versions of G1 characters not G1 toys, but this guy is so awesome even without modern articulation and gimmicks.

This Encore 23 is possibly the WORST re-issue ever:

Check if yours have the following issues (got this off the web):

1. Cerebros has very tight leg joints (fixable: loosen the screw and/or shave off some plastic).

2. Cog has 2 left arms.

3. The holes to plug in Gasket's guns are susceptible to stress marks.

4. Fort Max's left hand doesn't have the extra circular holder in the fist to hold his weapons.

5. Bottom of Spike's feet has mould flash, making him unstable (fixable: shave off the excess flash).

6. Fort Max has a defective left hip ratchet.

7. Cannon on left leg is loose and is prone to popping out easily.

8. Spike is missing his arms.

9. Missing one or more weapons.

10. Smudged blue paint on the central die-cast panel.

11. Loose knee joints on Spike.

MY Observation:

12. Mine is missing the small green canopy cover!!!

13. Plastic feels like some cheap China Knockoff quality. Even my KO Fort Max sword is shinier and better!

14. A lot of big "sprue marks" on the toy and scratches where the sprues are.

15. Stickers tear and mark EASILY if you are not SUPER careful in applying - them - once they are adhered it is very very hard to remove and re-position.

14. It seems that the heli platform now have a plastic tab to help secure it to the left leg during robot mode.

As for the missing small green canopy, I have e-mailed AE with the photos and they have forwarded it to TT, who will hopefully send them the part ASAP.
    Last edited by primetime; 5th April 2013 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    This Encore 23 is possibly the WORST re-issue ever:

Check if yours have the following issues (got this off the web):

1. Cerebros has very tight leg joints (fixable: loosen the screw and/or shave off some plastic).

2. Cog has 2 left arms.

3. The holes to plug in Gasket's guns are susceptible to stress marks.

4. Fort Max's left hand doesn't have the extra circular holder in the fist to hold his weapons.

5. Bottom of Spike's feet has mould flash, making him unstable (fixable: shave off the excess flash).

6. Fort Max has a defective left hip ratchet.

7. Cannon on left leg is loose and is prone to popping out easily.

8. Spike is missing his arms.

9. Missing one or more weapons.

10. Smudged blue paint on the central die-cast panel.

11. Loose knee joints on Spike.

MY Observation:

12. Mine is missing the small green canopy cover!!!

13. Plastic feels like some cheap China Knockoff quality. Even my KO Fort Max sword is shinier and better!

14. A lot of big "sprue marks" on the toy and scratches where the sprues are.

15. Stickers tear and mark EASILY if you are not SUPER careful in applying - them - once they are adhered it is very very hard to remove and re-position.

14. It seems that the heli platform now have a plastic tab to help secure it to the left leg during robot mode.

As for the missing small green canopy, I have e-mailed AE with the photos and they have forwarded it to TT, who will hopefully send them the part ASAP.
    Thanks. You may be saving me $300-$400

Mine was great..no issues

probably agree on the sprue part
    besides that not much was wrong with it

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Thanks. You may be saving me $300-$400
    Unless you can't secure an original Fort Max for a reasonable price - by all means go for this reissue - but ..... it just feels cheap to me ... even my KO Fort Max sword is of much better quality.

Maybe wait for the 2nd or 3rd run even, hopefully most of the problems will be fixed. As I already have an A1 original Fort Max, this really should not have been purchased, tbh, but at least I have a brand new FM box and foam.

Isn't this the early run though, IIRC?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Isn't this the early run though, IIRC?
    Mine's is the first run just got it yesterday.

primetime: the missing parts alone should be grounds for exchange/refund! (or some other form of recompense like store credit?)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    primetime: the missing parts alone should be grounds for exchange/refund! (or some other form of recompense like store credit?)
    I think the missing small green canopy if they can replace it then it's OK - let's see how it goes, I'll keep you guys posted.

But yeah, other people on-line have posted that there are missing other VARIOUS parts, and/or received double parts LOL.