Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Botcon 2014 Figure Reveals

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the set for Scorpy, Giniri & maybe Cannonball, If i do I'll sling him your way mate.
    Legend. Cheers bud

Cheeky buggers stole my 7 year old shield config
    From Action Pose thread 2007:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Just me mucking around with my Classics.

Brothers In Arms:

Meh. Still only really liking Cannonball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Cheeky buggers stole my 7 year old shield config
    From Action Pose thread 2007:
    Should have patented it when you had the chance

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Couldn't find this posted anywhere else but was interested in the second page of the convention comic book reveal shown here on facebook
    It shows two bots which look like the G2 Rescue Team in a combined form something like Liokaiser and and another resembling Road Caeser. Would be cool if some/all of these were used for the mystery convention figures??

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Couldn't find this posted anywhere else but was interested in the second page of the convention comic book reveal shown here on facebook
    It shows two bots which look like the G2 Rescue Team in a combined form something like Liokaiser and and another resembling Road Caeser. Would be cool if some/all of these were used for the mystery convention figures??
    Interesting, there was a Botcon tweet this morning about wanting to show more pages but that it would give too much away. .

I don't really know those characters myself, so would not know to look for them. They do look a bit too much like their original selves than perhaps a modern toy repainted to look like one of them. having said that, if Botcon do pull a "reissue" of an old toy like that out of the woodwork as an exclusive figure there will be a lot of very happy people around.

I also noted (after you prompted having a closer look) the bottom left panel has a vehicle mode flyer the same as the shockwave/air raid mold from FOC. the colours don't stand out to me as anyone in particular though.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Most of the inhabitants on that planet are late G1 and G2 euro exclusives.

G2 Powermasters are there too, as well as the G1 Rescue Force (combined with no arms since the arms weren't released) and the Motorvators (combined and in funny colours)

The Pirate Ship is Armada Tidal Wave. The FOC Air Raid/Shockwave mold would make more sense as a sneak peak at another toy in the BotCon set than an inhabitant of a Euro-toy planet.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Interesting, there was a Botcon tweet this morning about wanting to show more pages but that it would give too much away. .

I don't really know those characters myself, so would not know to look for them. They do look a bit too much like their original selves than perhaps a modern toy repainted to look like one of them. having said that, if Botcon do pull a "reissue" of an old toy like that out of the woodwork as an exclusive figure there will be a lot of very happy people around.

I also noted (after you prompted having a closer look) the bottom left panel has a vehicle mode flyer the same as the shockwave/air raid mold from FOC. the colours don't stand out to me as anyone in particular though.
    Yeah saw him too but thought it would just be Air-raid but it's not unlikely for funpub to use the mold for another bot. I also just realised the Pirate ship looks like Tidalwave (Armada) We are more likely to see this as a re-issue than the Japanese molds unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    G2 Powermasters are there too, as well as the G1 Rescue Force (combined with no arms since the arms weren't released) and the Motorvators (combined and in funny colours)
    That explains the skinny clamp arm on the side, that's kind of cool.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I would love them to use Armada Tidal Wave again. Great, fun, toy
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!