Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doritos Transformers competition 23/6-2/9

Default Doritos Transformers competition 23/6-2/9

I found a competition on a packet of Doritos today, so had a look at it and it told me to go to a particular website to enter.
    The website isn't active yet, as it says that the competition starts on the 23rd of June, but when it does, it will have a major prize and daily prizes.

Major prize - return trip to LA for 2 people, with 5 nights accommodation, 10 laps in a "luxury" super-car, and fly a combat/fighter jet. Worth AU$14,000. Entries must be in before 2nd September for the main draw.

Daily prize - Transformers cooler, worth $115. Drawn from 24th June to 2nd September of the previous day's entries only.

Entry is through the website after purchasing a participating product (perhaps with the barcode), with 1 entry per pack... maximum 3 entries per household per day.
    I don't see any unique markings inside or outside the pack, so it may well be possible to enter multiple times from the one pack, within the daily limits.

The competition appears to be open to Australia and New Zealand.

Since we have the jump on this, I would hope to see a number of the early daily draws go to members here before too many of the general public start entering... like we did with that Target DOTM competition that had those toy prize packs.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Since we have the jump on this, I would hope to see a number of the early daily draws go to members here before too many of the general public start entering... like we did with that Target DOTM competition that had those toy prize packs.
    Hey, I won one of those Target DotM toy prize packs unfortunately I'd already bought all but one of the figs previously, rest of the prize pack wasn't great .

Anybody want to swap my MISB DotM Leader Ironhide for a Movie 2010 Leader Starscream?
    'The Spark's Willing, but the Metal's Fatigued'
    Ghost of Starscream

Damn. Doritos are disgusting but my dog loves them. Hopefully they are on special at Coles or Woolies.

the Comp is now live but i get this after i enter the details

Barcode Error - Sorry we couldn’t find a valid barcode. Please enter the last 5 digits of your Doritos Promotion Product Barcode. Issues?
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I just entered it right now and didn't have a problem... so maybe there were a few bugs on the day it went live.

The Ts&Cs are now more clearly set out now that the main page is active.

Chances are, you might be able to get away with just buying a single pack of Doritos and enter 3 times per day, every day, with it... but to be on the safe side, I wouldn't recommend it.

Multiple entries are permitted, subject to (a) only one (1) entry permitted per Eligible Product purchased; (b) a maximum of three (3) entries will be accepted per residential address per day; (c) a maximum of one (1) entry will be accepted per pack purchased (d) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; and (e) unrecognised Barcode numbers will be deemed invalid. Any entry that is lodged by automatic, repetitive, robotic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents, including but not limited to the use of a competition entry service, will be void..
    Entrants must retain their eligible participating pack(s) (photocopy of promotional pack is not acceptable) (“Promotional Materials”) as proof of purchase for all entries. Failure to provide the Promotional Materials when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, render all of an entrant’s entries invalid and forfeit their right to any prize.
    So... just in case you win the major prize, or even a daily prize, the promoter may ask for proof of all your entries (in their database under your name), and if you have less packs on hand than entries (in other words, if you used a pack for more than one entry), you are likely to be disqualified.
    That last competition from Target didn't ask for proof of purchase with the daily prizes, but you never know.

(besides, I wouldn't be setting a good example if I was encouraging ways to cheat at something)

You do NOT have to provide proof of purchase though... so if you are keen but cheap (or don't like Doritos), find discarded packs in the trash. Since the eligible packs only have to be of the sizes listed on the website, it doesn't look like you need packs with the Transformers competition featured on it.

Eligible Products consist of the Promoters’ products in the varying sizes listed below:
    Australia:
    • 175g – Doritos Cheese Supreme, Doritos Nacho Cheese, Doritos Original, Doritos Mexicana
    • 90g – Doritos Cheese Supreme
    • 150g – Doritos Jacked Cheesy Enchilada, Doritos Jacked Buffalo Wings
    • 80g – Doritos Jacked Cheesy Enchilada
    New Zealand:
    • 175g – Doritos Cheese Supreme, Doritos Nacho Cheese, Doritos Original
    • 150g – Doritos Jacked Cheesy Enchilada, Doritos Jacked Buffalo Wings
    It does NOT ask for "specially marked packs", so since the "Promoter" is The Smith’s Snackfood Company Limited, it shouldn't need to be a Transformers-themed pack... as there is no 3rd party promoter that would require their packs be bought.

I missed a call from the competition people after I entered I wonder what that's all about

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    I missed a call from the competition people after I entered I wonder what that's all about
    daily prize winner perhaps
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I just entered. My packet was not specially marked so probably have no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I just entered. My packet was not specially marked so probably have no hope.
    Unless the barcode is different (which I wouldn't think it would)...

It does NOT ask for "specially marked packs", so since the "Promoter" is The Smith’s Snackfood Company Limited, it shouldn't need to be a Transformers-themed pack... as there is no 3rd party promoter that would require their packs be bought.

Unless the barcode is different (which I wouldn't think it would)...
    I only entered this as it's a new competition which a lot of people won't know exists yet so I have a better chance of winning something in the short term.

Oh, and 'competition' is spelt wrong in the heading.