Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Dinobot

PC hasn't ruined my faith in other pay up front retailers. I like the idea of being able to pay a laybuy scheme because I don't have a disposable income as much as others

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    PC hasn't ruined my faith in other pay up front retailers. I like the idea of being able to pay a laybuy scheme because I don't have a disposable income as much as others
    I just save up in dedicated savings account to get my stuff from HLJ. I don't have a ton of cash either but it works and gives me a chance to cancel if I change my mind.

Official MPs are becoming cost prohibitive. I am getting this because it's Dinobot. Chances are though that at this prices, I will probably not be buying many official MPs moving forward.

Sadly, there is a line to cross when it comes to collecting and value for money. Sometimes as collectors we willingly cross that line for some rare or must have toy. However new mass produced toys even MPs shouldn't cost this much as that means we would be crossing that line every time there is a new release and it is asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Until TakaraTomy adds the product to their website (or in a hobby magazine), or it gets listed on TakaraTomyMall, HLJ or Amazon Japan, we just have to wait.

The New MP Megatron had a retail of 24,000yen, so with this one being smaller than Megatron, I'd be surprised if Dinobot is confirmed to be 28,000yen... or even US$200 (about 23,000yen).
    My guess is that the 28,000yen price is for a case of two, as Dinobot is likely to be just a little more than Primal, at 14,000yen.
    Now that it is listed on the TakaraTomy product page for MP Dinobot as 28,000yen, I have to concede that I was way off. I still don't see where the cost is coming from with this one though... but with TT apparently doing poorly at the moment, they are probably looking to get as much money as they can from their premium products.

I'm with you, Griff. I was happy to chalk up the price to hearsay or a miscommunication, perhaps the base was big enough to hold all 7 Maximals...

But alas, it's just one bloody expensive figure.

My outward expenditure on Transformers figures is essentially $0 outside of BW MPs, so it's easier for me to be a little blase about the price and happily pay it. But for others who have to limit their TF spending, I can understand the hesitation in ordering.

However, my new theory: TT will surprise everyone by including the secretly developed MP Rattrap in the box with MP Dinobot!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just be on top of your orders as trust is a very shaky thing after pc.

As for ny, the difference is I can pay when the rates are good or when I have money plus more options on shipping.

Speaking of which ny is $271 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Still nothing at NY? Anyway the new promo video just slaps that 28000yen price tag

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/236433
    NY heard your call.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/...east-wars.html

At ¥18,980 it's the cheapest price so far I believe. With registered Airmail it comes to $257 shipped but combining with other orders would obviously bring this down.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Just be on top of your orders as trust is a very shaky thing after pc.

As for ny, the difference is I can pay when the rates are good or when I have money plus more options on shipping.

Speaking of which ny is $271 shipped.
    I have trust in TBI. Everything I've ordered has been delivered. Something I ordered last week will arrive tomorrow with luck. One other thing ordered is due Feb. I'm well on top of my orders so far

TBI was 269 shipped too

I have trust in TBI. Everything I've ordered has been delivered. Something I ordered last week will arrive tomorrow with luck. One other thing ordered is due Feb. I'm well on top of my orders so far

TBI was 269 shipped too
    Everything people ordered from PC was delivered up also, until a certain point where they went from legitimate business to fraudsters.

I don't think that means people should shy away from pay up front, but know the risk you're getting yourself into. I personally only use RK and TLTC for upfront payments.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Everything people ordered from PC was delivered up also, until a certain point where they went from legitimate business to fraudsters.

I don't think that means people should shy away from pay up front, but know the risk you're getting yourself into. I personally only use RK and TLTC for upfront payments.
    That is true, but I won't base everyone of them off my experience with PC. The owner has been in the fandom quite a while. Yes people are more cautious now, don't blame them either. I'm just going off my experiences