Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cybertron Con 2016 announced for China in July

I'm happy to say my daughter and I are going! Cathay has a sale on for HK -> Shanghai and I found a great deal on a hotel close by for the weekend so now we just have to figure out how to get tickets to meet Peter Cullen.

I know it is unlikely but if anyone else is going and wants to meet up please let me know as the more the merrier.

Hasbro's press release, which pretty much says what is on the website.

Here are the flyers you find at Toy Stores in Shanghai advertising the event:

Unfortunately looks like a major spelling error got through all the media publications as it was on all the posters we saw as well!
    I suppose it could have been worse...
    I'm sure the Americans will have a field day ripping into this poor con because of it.

some pics posted at tfw2005 of the setup for the convention show 2 giant fort max being built, one including children slides. haha awesome:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/07/27/c...up-pics-320362

We're all packed and ready to head up to Shanghai first thing tomorrow morning.

My son saw the pics of the Fort Max slides and is pretty upset he can't come with us. Meanwhile my daughter is worried she'll be too tall to have a go herself. LOL

Nice to see them encouraging the young'uns as well as catering to the older generation. Can't wait to see it irl. I'm just a little scared by how large potential crowds might be...

If anyone is interested in following our adventure at Cybertroncon we'll try our best to post some real time pics on instagram (titzkiwi) and twitter (@lisamareec) which Ozformers are welcome to use or post here as I won't have direct access to the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    some pics posted at tfw2005 of the setup for the convention show 2 giant fort max being built, one including children slides. haha awesome:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/07/27/c...up-pics-320362
    The slide look awesome, but the real plus here I think is the two TakTom designers are getting their own booths with their well known designs advertised all over. Don't think Hasui got this treatment when he went to BotCon. These Takara designers imho should receive the highest respect from fans. They make our wet dreams come true

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    We're all packed and ready to head up to Shanghai first thing tomorrow morning.

My son saw the pics of the Fort Max slides and is pretty upset he can't come with us. Meanwhile my daughter is worried she'll be too tall to have a go herself. LOL

Nice to see them encouraging the young'uns as well as catering to the older generation. Can't wait to see it irl. I'm just a little scared by how large potential crowds might be...

If anyone is interested in following our adventure at Cybertroncon we'll try our best to post some real time pics on instagram (titzkiwi) and twitter (@lisamareec) which Ozformers are welcome to use or post here as I won't have direct access to the boards.
    Crowd is part of fun of any con really Think about the things you'll get to see. TR Sixshot and MP Cheetor might be on display.

My friends are going and they'll get an MP Bumblebee signed by Hasui for me

Is this con official or not? The images from today of the new Generations figures all have "Leaked from Cybertron" on them and it doesn't look like a watermark, not sure if it's Engrish or if this is an unofficial event and they are getting their information by non-legitimate means.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

It's official, I went to the one in Singapore.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cybertron_Con

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Is this con official or not? The images from today of the new Generations figures all have "Leaked from Cybertron" on them and it doesn't look like a watermark, not sure if it's Engrish or if this is an unofficial event and they are getting their information by non-legitimate means.
    It's a publicity thing... to hype it up to the fans. These are toys that won't come out for at least another 6 months, so are really advance images... and calling them "leaked" is just a creative touch to make it seem even more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    It was definitely an official con.
    They actually stopped people from getting non official merchandise signed by celebs and non official merchandise was nowhere to be see on the vendor floor. Hasbro staff were EVERYWHERE. They also stopped someone in front of me from giving Peter an unlicensed Optimus soft toy (she returned the next day with a Panda soft toy for him).

I got back last night and it was awesome. I got to meet Peter Cullen (twice). Got to see both his panels, plus several other panels including the live Michael Bay one (which was a bit of a joke to be honest). Met John Barber, Alex Milne and kept bumping into one of the toy designers both at the con and around the hotels (con guests were in the hotel literally next door to our hotel). The toy designers had MASSIVE queues with people wanting their figures, boxes and even unopened cases signed the whole time I was there.

The con wasn't as large as I expected. For those who went to the Macau TF Expo back in 2014 - about the same size as that. It also wasn't as crowded as I expected. I turned up an hour before opening on the Saturday and we were 40th in line. Everyone in line was there to make sure they got Peter Cullen tickets (like ourselves)... he was VERY popular indeed with the locals!

I videoed both Peter's panels as well as part of the Combiner wars cartoon panel and the art influence for RID panel so hopefully if those come out ok I'll get around to posting them up in the coming week or so.

I'll do a proper write up in a day or two... I've just finished walking around HK ACG today as well so it has been a full on few days and I'm exhausted! I also dread to think how many photos I'm going to have to sort through!