Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Botcon 08 Jazz & Grimlock

Jazz is in the Animated range so no Classics 2.0 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Jazz is in the Animated range so no Classics 2.0 version.
    Didn't they say that wasn't necessarily true anymore a month back? I think that's why we ended up with a Prowl. I dunno, I kind of expected that all the movie characters would get Classics incarnations.

I thought it was still confirmed that two toys with same transform modes and names are not on.
    OK: Animated Prowl is a motorbike. Classics 2.0 Prowl is police car
    Not OK: Animated Jazz is a white sports car. Classics 2.0 Jazz as a white sports car

jazz i like, grimlock i no like :P

they hardly did anything to grimlock besides a repaint!

Why aren't they using animated or even movie molds for botcon? They've used classics already last year!!

The classics toys are too new (well not even released yet) and the movie toys are tied into licensing rights with the car (& etc) companies so they can't be reused.

The movie moulds are apparently never to be used again after the movie line is over (but Hasbro change their mind all the time).

Jazz is way too much like his Gen1 colours, which goes against the whole theme of this set. As ugly as Optimus (and to a lesser extent Bumblebee and Grimlock), the new colour schemes are the whole point of this set. As much as Crosswise looks good in Gen1 Jazz colours, it should have been released some other way and this BotCon figure should have new colours.

I guess I'm the only one actually disliking Jazz, because it doesn't fit with this year's themed set. I'd like it as a stand alone toy, called 'Autobot Jazz', but not as part of a mirror universe evil team of Autobots.
    Taking on that perspective of the theme, the other toys are not too bad. It just takes a bit to get past looking at each figure as an individual toy, and look at the set, and how well they fit the theme.
    As such, I like the way Grimlock just looks demonically evil.

I like Jazz's Alt mode but the bot isn't my thing.
    Grimlock is very "Meh"

Well said. This entire set screams of "meh" to me.

I think Jazz really works in the Crosswise mould tbh. I think I'll try and hunt down a loose Jazz and reprolabels him into Autobot Jazz with soem good old fashioned stickers :P.

Also Trypticon colours really work as "Evil" Grimlock. Still, as far as a set full or more Classics repaints... blargh. At least Dawn of Future's Past was relatively creative (figures/moulds we've had before but with completely new characters and heads and such), and The Games of Deception set filled out what should have been sold at retail seekers.

This adds nothing to me :P