Thread: Dark Cybertron #12 preview

Default Dark Cybertron #12 preview

Out this week is the final part of the Dark Cybertron story, which leads into the new "season" next month, and gives us a new sub-title - Dawn of the Autobots... with RiD, MTMTE, and Windblade, all being monthly titles.

The preview for Dark Cybertron #12 can be seen at Newsrama, or if you have trouble accessing it there like I do, it has been mirrored here as well.

Really... 70 Billion Amonites? Why does it need to be so many for the same basic point - that they are facing insurmountable odds.
    Having such an excessive number, you're basically just expecting some "cheap" plot device to suddenly wrap up everything a little too neatly for the reader to get a sense of satisfaction after all that reading and building up of the story (like the Scourge clones and Insecticons... all dealt with a little too easily, because there was way too many to deal with in a more conventional way).

I guess we could do up a pretty long list by now of Transformers comic & cartoon "plot devices" that have overcome excessive odds a little too easily.

They're only minicons... . Also Shockwave is currently destroying the entire universe so the Ammonite invasion is really only a distraction.

(Just occurred to me to wonder if the 'Micromasters' from Gorlam Prime (Dead Universe nexus world and wannbe Cybertron) are in fact related to the Ammonites/Terradores or at least have similar Cyberformed organic world origins?)

It's oaky, when they unplug or whatever they do to stop ol' Shockers, the Ammonites will turn to rust, or stop fighting or go home as if it was as easy as flicking a switch!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I just read my copy, and with this thread in mind, I think you'll laugh at a particular line. I did.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 26th March 2014 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Really... 70 Billion Amonites? Why does it need to be so many for the same basic point - that they are facing insurmountable odds.
    Having such an excessive number, you're basically just expecting some "cheap" plot device to suddenly wrap up everything a little too neatly for the reader to get a sense of satisfaction after all that reading and building up of the story (like the Scourge clones and Insecticons... all dealt with a little too easily, because there was way too many to deal with in a more conventional way).

I guess we could do up a pretty long list by now of Transformers comic & cartoon "plot devices" that have overcome excessive odds a little too easily.
    If they do wipe them out, wont that be like Autobot sanctioned genocide?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    If they do wipe them out, wont that be like Autobot sanctioned genocide?
    Self defence?

I'm putting all my IDW dollars on something like they either get sucked into a vortex or vacuum or teleported back to the place of their origin when Megatron/Autobots flick the off switch.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Self defence?

I'm putting all my IDW dollars on something like they either get sucked into a vortex or vacuum or teleported back to the place of their origin when Megatron/Autobots flick the off switch.
    The Doctor does that all the time too, but at least he sort of acknowledges he's responsible for genocide.

I guess the Autobots are going to implement the stand your ground rule, I wonder if that rule would apply if the invaders were humans and not Amonites though?

You'll find the answer to your first question when you read the book. Perhaps great minds think alike...

Reviews, with spoilers, in the MTMTE review thread.