Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers Universe Game update

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    girl bumblebee...

and front line looks like bulkhead.

i'm still interested in playing this game - it pretty much looks like a WFC/FoC third person shooter anyway which i loved playing just hated how high moon and activision handled the franchise. (lazy !@#&$)

i just hope (unlike others) they listen to the actual community instead of making shit up and ruining the gameplay experience.

personally i would have preferred iconic G1 characters rather than these completely new hollow characters. but it beats using crappy movie rehash characters i guess.

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...oy-line/29863/

apparently there might be a toyline?!

If that is true, and Jagex are clever, they can market the delay in the game (to fans, not publicly) as being forced on them by Hasbro wanting to release toys at the same time, which we know can take about 18 months.
    It could get people forgiving Jagex for the delay... but would a toyline make the game more attractive, or is it just Hasbro trying to cash in on the game?
    I got the impression from the WFC & FOC games that people were more likely to buy the toys after playing the game, than wanting to play the game after buying the toys.

still no beta invite..

anyone get in?

The Universe game is free to access, but we all know that there has to be some way of raising revenue within the game.
    The Legends game is similarly free to access, but manages to draw out a lot of dollars from purchased upgrades from its more addicted users.... so it is likely that the Universe game will be the same - the playing experience isn't likely to be very fulfilling without buying access to areas or upgrades.

The first revenue element has just been revealed - early access packs. For a tiny AU$490, you can have 3 days to play the game before everyone else, plus some other items. (which would only be worth doing if the game was generating so much hype that everyone is scrambling to be the first on there... as such, there might only end up being a handful of people running around for 3 days, making it less worth it)
    You also get a "Founder" avatar for everyone else to be jealous of for the life of the game, plus bonus relics and characters.

Other revenue elements are also mentioned, but no costs yet that I can see - Relics (purchase, and find I hope), Characters, Bodykits, Combo Season Pass (for discounts and bonus experience points), repair packs, probes, and power upgrades.
    The "Combo Season Pass" looks to be AU$11 per month in the fine print.

There are four packages you can pre-purchase before the game launches...
    Bronze (AU$50) - early access, 2 months Season Pass, $35 of relics, 1 warrior?, no probes, no repair packs, no upgrades.
    Silver (AU$65) - early access, 3 months Season Pass, $60 of relics, 2 warriors, probes, some repair packs, 1 upgrade.
    Gold (AU$130) - early access, 6 months Season Pass, $120 of relics, 4 warriors, probes, lots of repair packs, 3 upgrades.
    Cybernite (AU$490) - early access, 12 months Season Pass, $270 of relics, 6 warriors, probes, lots of repair packs, 5 upgrades, figurine(?), your choice of the 6 warriors from the 18 launch warriors.

Cybernite doesn't sound like an impressive enough word to use for their premium pack... they should have stuck with "platinum" if they were going with human metals for the other three packs, as it sounds more impressive/valuable.

If this was a Gen1 game, I'd probably actually be sucked into buying one of these packs, because I'd be wanting to spend a fair bit of time on there... but this is essentially an entirely new Universe, which has no familiarity or desire to spend time and money, that you would want to do with characters you know and love.
    I think Legends worked as a revenue-raiser because it was a mobile game that people could take with them and play on their breaks or travelling (because they take their phone with them everywhere). This one may be used on Tablet devices as well as PCs, but most will play this at home on their PC, as it doesn't look to be a "short-break" type of game that you can just go into for a few minutes when you have nothing important to do (like App games).
    I give it about a year...

A Promo video for the founder packs, for anyone still interested in this game.

Some gameplay footage from a live streaming event.
    It's an hour video, with a 4 minute countdown at the start, so fast forward past that.
    They go through the set up of the game, so skip to about 15 minutes for game-play.

It looks like fun, but I think that if you don't spend (a lot of) money on the upgrades or VIP packs, it won't be much fun being out-classed and being unable to defeat those who did buy the upgrades.

Then again, nothing should be a free handout in life (people need to earn what they get)... it all has to be paid for by someone, and there has to be some sort of incentive to pay for its usage (by giving you a fairer chance at winning the games if you do give them money).