Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP: Master Blaster

Very nicely done!

It's amazing how well that works, with just a swapping of a few minor parts or panelling, and some new colours. I wonder if there was ever an initial intention by TakaraTomy or Hasbro to see if they could design Soundwave to be modified into Blaster (like Voyager Springer into Sandstorm or classics Sideswipe into Sunstreaker) buy looking into being able to transform it both ways (blaster has the legs outside the arms - soundwave has the arms at the back)... but then decided to just stick with the Soundwave design and keep it "pure".

I think that, even as a masterpiece, the transformation is so simple for Soundwave and Blaster that they should just design a new mould for MP Blaster. I couldn't do it, but for transformers engineers it should be pretty straight forward. In the meantime, SW does make a simple base for a Blaster custom and I'm pretty happy with how well it's coming together.

Urge to buy toys... rising... rising! TERMINATED DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS

Very nice, didn't think it would turn out so good

Nice work!

Progress...

Buttons added, some head sculpting, and some minor paint details added. I seem to have lost my small paint brushes so I used my daughters face painting brushes for the arm details. Think I'll wait till I find the right equipment before doing any more painting.

The speaker parts and original feet are just blue tacked on at the moment while I decide what to do. I could stick on the G1 feet or I could paint what look like speaker parts on the SW base black as a representation of the original. Any thought?s

Anyway... here he is nearly done.

All comments, opinions and ideas welcome.

Cheers

Urge to buy toys... rising... rising! TERMINATED DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS

Probably one of the best customs I've ever seen, Good job!

Thumbs up

Spectaular!
    :clapping:

That looks awesome!

Nice one...

Wow that very nicely done man .... with the speakers if there any way to try to make it sit more flush , as it looks like a button stuck on ATM ... maybe it just the way it looks because that behind the speaker you can see the white ,so remember to paint it black behind there and it might not standout that much ... but that very awesome custom man , that definitely MP blaster!!