Thread: Minor Jazz improvements

Default Minor Jazz improvements

Hi guys,

I made some subtle improvements to both Generations Jazz and FoC Jazz.

Generations Jazz:
    - Painted front grill black
    - painted rear tail lights red (including black outline to highlight them better and a gloss red tint to deepen the red underneath).
    - painted rear tail lights silver
    - painted rear windscreen black
    - added a Reprolabels number plate (from TFPrime Bulkhead Reprolabels, it fit surprisingly well).

FoC Jazz:
    - Filled in the rear windscreen by painting the white bits black
    - Painted the headlights red
    - Added FoC Jazz Reprolabels.

I found it interesting that both Jazz figures were quite lacking with simple paint apps that wouldn't have cost Hasbro that much more to add. At the very least, I'd expect to see painted windows (all around the vehicle) and painted tail lights.

But oh well, it gives those of us who are pedantic about these things something to do I guess...

Nicely done very clean .... you should also do some panel lining , it would really make the figure pop out more !

Very nice work.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Amazing how a few simple paint apps improve the figure so much. Hasbro, take note!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

All the painted lights really make him pop. Too monotonous without the touchups. Excellent.

Thanks guys yep it didn't need much, just a little more. They always put quite a lot of detail into their molds, but for some reason there are a few figures where they skimp on the paint apps. Things like tail lights and windows etc should really be a given in my opinion.

But I appreciate that they include the detail at all, it gives all their figures so much potential.

Lancalot - I agree that panel lining really brings out the immense details in a lot of these figures. I'd love to take on the challenge that M-Bot did with Metroplex, man that figure has insane amounts of detail in the mold and M-Bot did a brilliant job on him. I've seen a few customs of that one. It really looks great when the detail is added.

In terms of doing the panel lining on all the deluxes, or even just Jazz, I have thought about it before then it would look out of place amongst the rest of his G1 friends...

But I am working on something else at the moment, I've taken the FrenzyRumble FoC Grimlock customising class (paid for and watched the vids) and I'm applying the techniques to another figure. Hopefully this will be revealed in the next couple of months (It got shelved for a while, I've only completed a leg so far).

Lancalot and M-Bot - after seeing what you guys did after taking that class it inspired me to have a go myself.

yeah his class is really good man ....with all the tip he gives...and your learning from one of the best in the business ...

Well worth it, even just one class have me heaps of knowledge and tips and tricks I couldn't work out myself. Look forward to what you come up with next.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!