Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Parramatta Collectors fair organiser caught up in scandal

I think I'll just show up in Parramatta on May 25 just for the heck of it .. out of Nostalgia, since Im day off that day anyways... pass by Town hall, look at it, and sigh... then walk on by straight to Westfields, hang a bit in the foodcourt , sigh a bit, and then go around Westfields to see any stuff I might wanna buy, then go home in the afternoon.

Really not so sure I wanna start going to the Penrith fair thing since there wasn't anything there the first and last time I went...a lot of effort for nothing..
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    We should just meet up at Parramatta Westfield next month anyway.

We don't even need the Fair, it's had sfa there for the last few years at least.

"Yeah, well... I'm gonna start my own Parra Fair! With blackjack... And hookers. In fact, forget the Fair!"
    Yeah this is probably the best thing to do come May.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    maybe you and your boys can contact kup?
    Council is not allowing fairs to happen at Parra dude - The consensus here is that they want it at Parra otherwise not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by brickiez4u View Post
    I'm a stall holder at paramatta and what i've heard news that the council is denying all fares this year.Personally not happy as i had paid for my tables for the next event im on a vendetta to get my money back
    Spewing about pre-paying for your table dude, I hope you can get your money back but I don't like your odds.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Council is not allowing fairs to happen at Parra dude - The consensus here is that they want it at Parra otherwise not worth it.
    Didn't know it was confirmed. It's just news but not officially made. If you know that to be true, then it's farewell to the Parra fair at least for 2014.
    It couldn't hurt to have their contacts if you want to resurrect the fair in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Didn't know it was confirmed. It's just news but not officially made. If you know that to be true, then it's farewell to the Parra fair at least for 2014.
    It couldn't hurt to have their contacts if you want to resurrect the fair in 2015.
    lol you seem to be the one pushing the most for the fair to happen. Perhaps you should organise it

I did call the Parramatta council - The girl that answered the phone did not really inspire a lot of confidence as she at first told me it was not possible but later in the conversation she said that it was.

From what I could piece together, it seems that the former organisers are banned from doing the fair but a new organiser is not. However they seem weary about anyone doing a 'Collectables Fair' there again so perhaps it's too soon to do.

Anyways the bottom line is that it isn't as easy as just throwing money at it. There are now political and social (contacts) issues associated with it which are more troublesome than anything else.

It may be that the fair could be permanently over.

lol you seem to be the one pushing the most for the fair to happen. Perhaps you should organise it

I did call the Parramatta council - The girl that answered the phone did not really inspire a lot of confidence as she at first told me it was not possible but later in the conversation she said that it was.

From what I could piece together, it seems that the former organisers are banned from doing the fair but a new organiser is not. However they seem weary about anyone doing a 'Collectables Fair' there again so perhaps it's too soon to do.

Anyways the bottom line is that it isn't as easy as just throwing money at it. There are now political and social (contacts) issues associated with it which are more troublesome than anything else.

It may be that the fair could be permanently over.
    I wish I could do that but I don't think so. I'm just supporting whoever can do it.

Sorry to hear if it is permanently over.

Im seriously considering it, would you mind?

Well thats a shame, liked attending the fair for the hunt and social meet up. But penrith is still an option, for most of us to get together.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
    Im seriously considering it, would you mind?
    If you wish to do so, please do Just keep in mind that it's not just a money thing, you need the dealer contacts too as there is no point opening a fair just for 'us'.