Thread: Question in regards to BBTS shipping

Default Question in regards to BBTS shipping

Hi guys and gals,

This will probably seem like a really dopey question but I have not been able to find the answers in the FAQ on BBTS.

When you have your 'Pile of Loot' switched on for BBTS, do they adjust the postage for when your pre-orders arrive to take into account other items? In the past I have tried to put in-stock items in the Pile of Loot, only for it to look at though they are going to charge me full shipping rates for those items straight away, not taking into account that they will be combined with a pre-order when that arrives which should lessen the overall cost of each items postage.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I missed out on gettting an Alternators Swindle earlier in the year because the FAQ did not address this question and I can't find a way to email them directly.

Cheers, Trev

Don't know if this will 100% answer your question, but I've never had an item on preorder that, when processed/charged, would alter the shipping to bring the entire cost of the postage down below what you'd initially pay. In fact I've often had to pay an extra few dollars to account for the new stuff in my order (when I've processed Pile of Loot stuff).

I think you can grab them on enquiries@bbts.com or customers@bbts.com, so maybe give that a go? They're quite quick/happy to explain everything.

best of luck!

when you're in check out it's not till the last step that correct shipping is added, if I recall. Up to that point shipping is calculated based on whatever it is in your checkout basket.

but like Ploughman's Lunch said, give one of those email addresses a crack, their customer service is generally very good.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Thanks lads, will send them an email now

With BBTS, depending on the shipping option you choose, there's generally a significant upfront cost of shipping, and then any additional items are added on a per pound basis.

With preorders, I think they estimate the postage on the assumption that it will be a brand new order, however when charged (assuming you have a Pile of Loot already started) you will just be charged the additional pound cost, and not the upfront portion of the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    With BBTS, depending on the shipping option you choose, there's generally a significant upfront cost of shipping, and then any additional items are added on a per pound basis.

With preorders, I think they estimate the postage on the assumption that it will be a brand new order, however when charged (assuming you have a Pile of Loot already started) you will just be charged the additional pound cost, and not the upfront portion of the costs.
    Thanks for that. I sent them off an email last night but they have yet to respond. I missed out on grabbing a Masterpiece Sideswipe for my POL while they were in stock when researching this problem and now have to wait to for them to restock. And Im on a countdown, my wife may give birth any day now so have to get my final big order in before she pops!

With BBTS, they generally charge you full cost of shipping for the first item, then the additional cost of (combined) shipping for further items. That way, your order is always fully paid for and you don't have to pay extra when you ship your pile.

With preorders, they don't charge you until the preorder is in stock, so they'll probably adjust the shipping cost then.

The last lot I shipped was $23.99 up front, then $6 per pound on things added later.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    I think you can grab them on enquiries@bbts.com or customers@bbts.com, so maybe give that a go? They're quite quick/happy to explain everything.

best of luck!
    Tried emailing them twice and both times for both addresses it came back 'undeliverable'. However now one of my pre-orders is in so I just have added a bunch of stuff to that. Once my second pre-order is in (the next wave of FOC toys) will have it all shipped together.

Geez it makes a difference! It cost me $30 to have my G2 FOC Bruticus shipped on its own. Im letting a mate put his in with my latest order and it's only costing him $12 for shipping!