View Poll Results: FOC Combaticons - worth buying?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • All yes

24 63.16%
  • Only some or one

3 7.89%
  • None are worth it

8 21.05%
  • Not even interested

3 7.89%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations FOC Combaticons wave

It's sad to say that I think the packaging looks better than the actual toys.

Well, I only found 2 at the local Kmart. Onslaught and Vortex. Packing wise - looks cheap, just like FOC Shocwave's... feels KO.

The toys.... well just looking at it even within the packaging... not so impressed... looks KOey... sigh Im still gonna get the rest but this is rather an underwhelming looking bunch. No wonder the heavy photoshopping . They feel like $10 toys that are priced $23.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's sad to say that I think the packaging looks better than the actual toys.
    I'd agree. The character art on the backing cards is fantastic, very vibrant. Swindle's in particular was very expressive.

I also like the tech stats box emulating the old G1 versions.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I would have gotten the Hasbro release if it had more sensible colors but since that didn't happen, I waited for the Japanese release which is closer to what I would have liked. Unfortunately, they decided to mark up the rrp price per figure making them not worth it, even with the nicer paint jobs due to the highly mediocre molds.

I wanted to buy this as I liked the FOC game take on Bruticus but utter mediocrity, silliness and price gauging has made me reconsider and instead I may just put the money aside for a superior 3rd party release or a more competent future Hasbro toy like MP-10.

How disappointing

I don't even get what these colours are meant to be. Are they meant to be G2?? If so... why does Vortex have Swindle's G2 colours and Swindle seems to have Onslaught's and Onslaught seems to have his G1 colours... and I don't know why Vortex is purple. Although Swindle's colours are kinda reminiscent of Binaltech Swindle... Brawl is the only one who seems to be sporting his proper G2 colours.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't even get what these colours are meant to be. Are they meant to be G2?? If so... why does Vortex have Swindle's G2 colours and Swindle seems to have Onslaught's and Onslaught seems to have his G1 colours... and I don't know why Vortex is purple. Although Swindle's colours are kinda reminiscent of Binaltech Swindle... Brawl is the only one who seems to be sporting his proper G2 colours.
    That's an easy one, they had the paint application gun set to 'Whore'

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Looks like I'm a minority here, but I totally fell in love with how bright and garish and dayglo the colours are for bruticus.
    Given the brief the designers got which is essentially 4 quadruple changers and a triple changer for the team I think they did a good job.

Also, when you play around with the transformation for the bruticus mode it can come out coming quite chunky and awesome. I have yet to track down how the other limbs look like when transformed into their alternate limb modes but I totally look forward to it. Given this is where TFs are at the moment (given oil prices, economy and all that stuff that place constraints on Tf development) they created some fun stuff. Which I reckon is how toys should be. Fun. (: I think some of us may have lost sight of that.

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Looks like they just randomly did whatever cheap color they could find or they relied too much on the Walmart marketing computer on what would stand out from the shelf more.

I don't think there is any 'Transformers' related reason for the colors as it doesn't seem to be inspired by anything.

I think as a whole group this is actually quite good. Not great but good. Decent alt modes and the individual bot modes had some thought put into them.

Bruticus as a whole is not bad with my only complaints being the arms are too long and the flat torso. A bit of retransforming (as per lcz) above can yield great results. I wish they incorporated half of Vortex and Blast Off as part of the torso (the other half as the respective arms) to bulk it up a bit and would have produced shorter and proportionate arms.

I don't think this is worth the total price of 5 deluxes and certainly not worth it if you are after just a single figure from the group. All 5 together and it has a little bit of magic that was missing from the Power Core Combiners.

Pose not as good as lcz's but pics are always great!

Hey guys, don't forget that Brawl's cannons are meant to lock into the two slots in leg mode.

Anyway, I tried recombining the limbs around. I found that Vortex isn't good as a leg... is there a better way to form a more stable foot? (I was playing w/ my toys outside, so I didn't have the instructions on me) -- I find that Blast Off works well as a foot and Swindle is better as an arm. Swindle as a leg bugs me because the front panel keeps disconnecting, but as an arm it doesn't need to connect. He's also not as "overlengthed" as Blast Off is when he's an arm. Brawl as an arm... he's okay, but I find his leg mode more solid. But there's nothing wrong with his arm mode as such. So yeah, so far I'm finding the best combination is Vortex and Swindle as arms, and Brawl and Blast Off as legs.