Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy good, reasonably cheap glass display cases

All the good stuff is always exclusive to stores that aren't around here. Closest Aldi is about 4 hours drive

I've been doing weight training but clearly not enough; I gave them a lift but thought no this is going to be a challenge solo!

Nice set up Liegeprime

i got another two from aldi today to even this out

Does look good. I think I'm lacking the right kind of wall to do something like this.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Yup, under one arm and away you go. Like carrying a ladder. 40kgs isnt all that heavy, and its length means you can stand the box upright 1st then tuck it under your arm and eliminate using your back to lift it off the ground. And you're tall. If my frame can carry it, you will be a-ok.

Just be easy at the stairs, and worst case just sit them on the stairs and push em up - its length means it will slide easily (assuming the staircase is also straight).

"39kg two people" is there to satisfy OH&S requirements first and foremost
    Not all of us are well sculpted as those 300 Spartans, like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Not all of us are well sculpted as those 300 Spartans, like yourself.
    Sucks to be you. I on the other hand have the body of a god.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    All the good stuff is always exclusive to stores that aren't around here. Closest Aldi is about 4 hours drive
    I have to hop on a plane to get to an Aldi or Ikea so my choices are fantatstic or harvey "The wallet destroyer" Norman, So I ended up getting this
    http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au...TI4SHOOOGLAWHI

These while a tad more expensive than buying 2 singles seemed to me in person to be more rigid and better quality than the single one.
    Last edited by ZoonMaster5000; 28th August 2016 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I was thinking the other day "I wonder when Aldi will have these again". This is maybe too soon though!
    I'd say it's entirely possible, you'd be sweating bullets by the end of it.
    I have done something similar except I have one of those two wheeled hand trolleys that makes the stairs and ramps a whole lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    I have to hop on a plane to get to an Aldi or Ikea so my choices are fantatstic or harvey "The wallet destroyer" Norman, So I ended up getting this
    http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au...TI4SHOOOGLAWHI

These while a tad more expensive than buying 2 singles seemed to me in person to be more rigid and better quality than the single one.
    That's not entirely true, you have options, you could drive and then Kayak and then drive to get to either of those stores. even hitchhiking on this side of the water would save you some dollars

I like the look of those units from Fantastic. I'm guessing that the shelves aren't adjustable though, it looks like they are fastened directly to the glass.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Yeah, the Fantastic Furniture shelf isn't adjustable, but it is generous in shelf space; I use it for my MP's.

I would've liked all glass shelves, but the only option I see in larger sizes are shop fittings which are expensive. I see myself buying one more of these shelves then calling it a day. I also have a detolf which is full to the brim with G1 figures.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's not entirely true, you have options, you could drive and then Kayak and then drive to get to either of those stores. even hitchhiking on this side of the water would save you some dollars
    Why didn't I think of that! would make for an interesting trip back across in the kayak with a couple detolfs strapped to the sides

Yeah they are non adjustable my wife bought it for fathers day and considering it will be living in our bedroom I didn't get much of a say in which cabinet I got.
    Like Ralph said they are very generous in shelf space which will be good for setting up scenes from the cartoons and movie.