Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real cars/vehicles done up as Transformers

Default Real cars/vehicles done up as Transformers

I've done a few google searches once in a while but unless my search-fu is horrible I'm actually surprised I can't find many examples of current/restored real cars/vehicles done up as Transformers. I'm referring to things like this:

http://www.decepticonmotormaster.com/history.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...police-164421/

I've also seen I think an artist on Deviant Art who photoshopped some cars to look like the Stunticons.

I was surprised I haven't come across anything like a real G1 Optimus Prime, Prowl or Sideswipe etc. Anyone have any other examples?

Made me think of this one, but it's the only one I've seen:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...auction/27197/

the Prowl would look so much better if it didn't actually say prowl down the side of the door.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    the Prowl would look so much better if it didn't actually say prowl down the side of the door.
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw it.

Being a spraypainter I have thought long and hard on this. The main problem is most cars painted up to look like G1 Transformers would be pretty boring. Red van for Ironhide anyone? Yellow Beetle with pink interior?
    The other problem is that a lot of the cars are outside our reach (I cannot afford a Lambo or a semi)
    Smokescreen might look ok but the majority would just be boring unfortunately.
    Spiderken Away!

I guess my Lamborghini Countach in Forza 5 done up as MP Lambor doesn't count as "real".

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Being a spraypainter I have thought long and hard on this. The main problem is most cars painted up to look like G1 Transformers would be pretty boring. Red van for Ironhide anyone? Yellow Beetle with pink interior?
    The other problem is that a lot of the cars are outside our reach (I cannot afford a Lambo or a semi)
    Smokescreen might look ok but the majority would just be boring unfortunately.
    What's wrong with 'boring'? It makes them better robots in disguise! A car that stands out is a terrible disguise.

http://youtu.be/oWBmezGddM4

This G1 Ratchet looks just fine.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

The emergency vehicles wouldn't be street legal though. I've spoken with the guy who made the Prowl car online, and he confirmed that that car does get towed to events because it cannot be legally driven on roads (although it is fully capable of doing so). Needless to say that impersonating an emergency vehicle is an offence. I remember driving through Parramatta when they were shooting The Wolverine and I saw the library car park full of Japanese plated cars (including Japanese police cars) sitting on the back of tow trucks. The vehicles looked perfectly fine, but of course they wouldn't be legally drivable on Sydney roads without an Australian licence plate/rego sticker and the Japanese police cars would definitely not be drive-able on roads (other than when they block off the roads as part of the closed movie set, of course ).

well sure maybe just a plain red van would be kinda boring, but has anyone built or seen a G1 customised optimus truck? with a kitted out trailer? Or cars like Tracks, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker etc, maybe with some Autobot insignia and touches like gear shift levers or anything. That Ratchet and Prowl is kinda what I was talking about, might be cool at conventions or something, if it was done a bit more authentically!