Page 82 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6272777879808182838485868792102 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Pretty much sums it up

*thumbs up*
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Someone should make a Steve Urkel movie. It should be him travelling into space and other dimensions using sci-fi technology he invented like in Rick n Morty.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    *thumbs up*
    (Y)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Someone should make a Steve Urkel movie. It should be him travelling into space and other dimensions using sci-fi technology he invented like in Rick n Morty.
    I'd watch it

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    (Y)
    Awesome & sad at the same time
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I liked the 2014 TMNT film much more than I expected to. The new one not as good, but in general I still liked it. It kind of did all the things a TMNT film should do. As a more casual TMNT fan I got what I wanted from it.

The Turtles designs still work so much better on film that they should when you look at stills. Much less creepy Michaelangelo this time too. One thing I liked a lot in the first one was Megan Fox as April, but this time she didn't get nearly enough to do. The new Casey Jones... didn't really buy his character. What worked much better than I thought they would were Bebop and Rocksteady. They were just exactly what they needed to be. Also pretty impressive was the film version of Krang. He was a bit larger than usual depictions, but it worked really well on screen although he ultimately just got to be the final level boss.

For this film they got Steve Jablonsky to do the music and you could tell because the Turtles arrived it sure sounded like there should be some Autobots driving on screen.

Saw X-Men Apocalypse on Saturday night. I liked it, it was a good movie, definately not the best X Men film, but close to the top for me.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I just found out that the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the DC one weren't the only ones out there for Hasbro to jump on the bandwagon... Universal have a shared "Monsters" universe that is still only one movie in so far, with a reboot of The Mummy being the second one next year (with Russell Crowe as Dr Jekyll).
    Admittedly, Universal had characters and actors cross over in their 1930s to 1950s monster movies (probably the very first shared movie universe), but this one looks to be like the first phase MCU, with each movie specifically being in the same time era and universe and have guest appearances of characters in other movies... but unlikely to have a group monster movie like the Avengers movie (unless they plan to do something similar to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie).

The last Mummy series was only about 15 years ago, with the third one being only 5 years before this new Monsters Universe was being proposed, which seems a bit soon. Those three Mummy movies are still very watchable, so if it weren't for this combined universe we probably wouldn't get another one (like the Hulk and Spiderman movie reboots in such short time, just to include them in the MCU).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The next Star Trek movie isn't out yet but it will be in memory of the new Chekov... who died yesterday from a freak accident. It looks like his own car crushed him from being left in neutral on an incline.

The original Chekov is one of the last survivors of the original crew, so it will be strange to have him outlive his replacement.

http://www.cnet.com/news/anton-yelch...reak-accident/
    I've not seen any of the new Star Trek movies, but I am familiar with Anton's work through Terminator Salvation.