Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-transforming Transformers

Default Non-transforming Transformers

How do you all feel about non-transforming figures? Revoltech, Action Master, Robot Replicas, etc.

I keep my figures in robot mode 95% of the time when they're not stored away. Despite that, I can never really feel the same about figures that don't physically transform. Even though they usually look way more screen/comic accurate than converting figures, my brain just says "Nope, not a transformer. No dopamine for you!"

Funnily enough, I do still like them 'that way' when it's a broken figure I've had to glue together that can no longer convert. My brain is weird sometimes.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I used to feel that way but I dont mind them so long as its not in vehicle mode lol.

It should also be aesthetically perfect and or super posable, which 90% of the time they cant do if it can also transform. Otherwise why bother?

If the figures have good articulation and good poseabilityI'm alright with them, unfortunately the latest non-transforming figures don't have good articulation, or much poseability at all
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

what about ones in vehicle form only? display TFs in both modes?

I love em. Robot mode ones of course. If they have good articulation, good show accuracy, or are just plain cute - like those mini figures and vinyls. It's hard not to collect a set of Autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydarth View Post
    what about ones in vehicle form only?
    I forgot about those. They're the worst. RPMs and stealth force are pretty pointless.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydarth View Post
    what about ones in vehicle form only? display TFs in both modes?
    Depends, most of them are pointless but there are a few I will allow.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Meh. Not my thing. I'm an engineering nerd so I get my kicks from how it gets from one more to another.

I will however be very tempted by that ultimetal Ultra Magnus if it ever sees the light of day, at a price that won't make me destitute.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The only non-transformable figures I like are the Robot Replicas, which have good articulation and no extra vehicle parts (Weaponizer Bumblebee, I'm looking at you)

I don't really like the vehicle only ones. They don't really do anything for me.

The Robot only ones are alright though. I have some of the Revoltechs and love messing around with them.

I can kinda get past the whole 'non-transforming Transformer' thing because I just like robots.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I liked the G1 revoltech, I wish they had finer detents in their ratchets and that they had done more, largely because I really liked that visual style.

I personally don't get art vinyl.

I loved Robot Heroes, wish there were more.
    I have some of the Japanese scf figures that are larger to go with the robot heroes.
    I liked Titanium but not super fussed.

If I had the budget and space Id have ultimetal prime and megs, but I don't have either.

I prefer toys that transform generally, the others are more whimsical purchases.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)