Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Collector Club toy images

The final FunPub licensed convention is apparently on this weekend, with JoeCon in Colorada, and they've shown off a promo image on the back of their convention comic, for the GIJoe/TFs set, including the new Blackcat and Toaster.

I should add in addition to my noobishness that I'm also keen for these sets if a current member is willing to piggy back an order of mine
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

I'd only heard of the Shattered Glass version of Blackcat (where he was the Riddler) and hadn't realised that the SG version was inspired by something else until these pics came out.

Borgeman, will you add Blackcat to your Masterpiece Cassette Expansion?

Is anyone here offering to purchase these for non-members and if so is there a price list somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'd only heard of the Shattered Glass version of Blackcat (where he was the Riddler) and hadn't realised that the SG version was inspired by something else until these pics came out.

Borgeman, will you add Blackcat to your Masterpiece Cassette Expansion?
    Not the SG version (SG opens up a whole 'nuther set I cant afford to do )
    And I wont need to if they release him with the masterpiece mold AND I get my hands on it
    www.mariokart64.com

I may be able to do a group order for Melbourne members as I'm looking to get the club's Skywarp to fill out the Armada Seeker ranks - will post a thread soon

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Is anyone here offering to purchase these for non-members and if so is there a price list somewhere?
    When these are listed for sale by the Club I'm sure a few people here will post up something in the group order section.
    We don't yet know when or how much.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Not the SG version (SG opens up a whole 'nuther set I cant afford to do )
    And I wont need to if they release him with the masterpiece mold AND I get my hands on it
    I meant the G1 verse one

I believe that this new Blackcat toy isn't using the MP mold, but is a repaint of the non-transforming Ravage that came with the 2013 Jetfire set (also the source of the Blaster toy being repainted as Toaster).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I meant the G1 verse one

I believe that this new Blackcat toy isn't using the MP mold, but is a repaint of the non-transforming Ravage that came with the 2013 Jetfire set (also the source of the Blaster toy being repainted as Toaster).
    Oh well in that case, I'm gonna have to then
    www.mariokart64.com

I was wondering why my Ramjet toy wasn't here yet, despite getting Spinister over a week ago, while Americans got their Ramjet toy a couple of days before Spinister.
    Now I know why.
    Briefly mentioned by prjkt in the venting topic, the Collector Club sent out an email on the 30th of June, telling its members that the Ramjet toys (the "free" membership toy), were sent in two batches - one batch went out on the 2nd of June, the other batch went out on the 24th of June.
    Can you guess which batch was for Americans and which batch was for non-Americans?

To members of both clubs:

All Domestic free figures were mailed on 6/2/16. These items were sent via bulk mail service through the Post Office, which can take 3-4 weeks for delivery.

All International free figures were mailed on 6/24/16. These items were sent via bulk mail international service through FedX, which can take 6-8 weeks for delivery. These originally were supposed to go DHL and we had many issues with them so we had to switch to Fedex. Fedex transports the figures to your country and puts them in your country's mail system. We apologize for the delay.

If you do not receive your figure(s) by the end of July, please contact us at admin@funpubinc.com, and we will be happy to check on your figure.

These shipments do not have individual tracking numbers since they were sent via bulk mail services. If your item has to be re-routed for any reason this can make the delivery process even longer. If your item is returned to us due to an address change, you will be notified, and you will be responsible for the new shipping fee. If you had multiple memberships and multiple figures coming, these are not guaranteed to be delivered together. To be eligible for the 2016 free figure item you had to be an active member on or by 3/18/16.

Please do not contact our office until the end of July concerning these figures.

Thanks for your support! Have a great summer!

Brian
    (they note 3-4 weeks for domestic deliveries - hopefully that's an accidental typo on their part as it only takes 3-4 days for postal deliveries in America, as seen with the postings on global fansites by Americans who get them in less than a week, NOT more than 3 weeks)

So we have a 22 day gap because of the JoeCon on the weekend of the June 18th, and since American deliveries take 2-4 days compared to non-American deliveries taking 2-4 weeks, you'd think the sensible thing to do would be to send out the non-American ones first, so that everyone around the world would be getting them within a week of each other, instead of a six week gap (3 weeks between the shipments being sent and 3 weeks for the shipping difference).

I only recently commented about this (allegedly international) Collector Club never considering to give non-Americans the chance to receive at least one of their 46 Subscription & Membership toys first by sending out a toy 2 weeks earlier to non-Americans, who would still only receive it at the same time as Americans... and now this email from the Club tells us that they are doing the opposite to make sure that Americans not only get their toys first, but get it 6 weeks before people in other countries. Mine is not expected to get to me for another 2 weeks, while Americans started getting theirs 4 weeks ago on June 6th.
    And the Club's email says we can't contact them about this matter or decision until the end of July... huh?

As good as they were with BotCon, FunPub continue to find ways make the Club look like a really bad idea to join (if you could still join).
    I think if it BotCon didn't have such a huge discount as a Club Member, forcing the thousand-ish conventioneers each year to be a member, very few people in recent years would have joined just to be a member of the Collector Club.