Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JP LG-13 Legends Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    What do you mean they are going back using diecast? Did I miss something?
    Theres a bunch of diecast in MP-22 and MP-24 has diecast also.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Note that the direction of the fusion cannon is swapped between the Hasbro photography and the Takara photography. One way appears to provide a (red) projectile, while the other end appears to be a more G1 accurate styled cannon.
    Could be the classic line 'photographer wasn't given transformation instructions'.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    Sure there is nothing wrong with plastic, but the price should reflect that.
    How is it fair charging $150 for a plastic figure that is a "MP" when they charge $50 for the same things under the "LG" line? Heck they dont even have rubber tires. How is that really a "MP"?
    Dude, Leader Classes in Australia cost $100, so $150 for MP Optimus Prime isn't too bad by comparison. And it's not just materials, there's volume -- MP Optimus Prime also comes with a big trailer/combat deck and Roller car as well as the robot. MPs are also a much higher class of engineering, far more component parts of manufacture and assemble compared to a Leader. And $150 for MP10 is still cheaper than TakaraTOMY's original price, which was 23100JPY (approx. $250). Sure, the TakTOM version has nicer colours overall, but I'm happy to have my Hasbro version for $100 less. And look, I do agree that MPs are overpriced for what they are, which is why I prefer to pre-order them and get them at substantially cheaper prices.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Could be the classic line 'photographer wasn't given transformation instructions'.
    Oh almost definitely. Particularly to differentiate the Armada vs G1 figure.

I just find myself liking either version o the G1 (Hasbro vs Takara) more based on that realisation.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Dude, Leader Classes in Australia cost $100, so $150 for MP Optimus Prime isn't too bad by comparison. And it's not just materials, there's volume -- MP Optimus Prime also comes with a big trailer/combat deck and Roller car as well as the robot. MPs are also a much higher class of engineering, far more component parts of manufacture and assemble compared to a Leader. And $150 for MP10 is still cheaper than TakaraTOMY's original price, which was 23100JPY (approx. $250). Sure, the TakTOM version has nicer colours overall, but I'm happy to have my Hasbro version for $100 less. And look, I do agree that MPs are overpriced for what they are, which is why I prefer to pre-order them and get them at substantially cheaper prices.
    Except that $100 is not very good for a Leader class figure. It may be our retail, but it kind of sucks.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Those prices where just examples.
    I did not know about the diecast in MP22 or 24. Thats cool!

What turned me off is "MP"'s like Bumblebee. You pay a premium price for something not that great. Plastic everything. Could they at least put rubber tires on them?
    Sure the engineering may be a little bit more complex but the over quality isnt there for me. Maybe I am expecting to much.

The engineering in MP Bumblebee is spectacular; it puts some Leader Classes to shame! Yes, I agree that it is very small, but that was to make the robot mode scale as a Mini-Bot compared to the other MP Cars. Unfortunately it makes the vehicle mode off-scale to the other Cars, but it's because physical toys can't mass-shift like the cartoon. They did compensate by adding the Spike in Exo-Suit accessory. I know that some people would've preferred that they ditched Spike and focused on making a bigger and slightly more complex Bumblebee, but that would've made the robot mode off-scale; and yeah, I think that would've been better too... but I can totally understand why they went for the smaller size decision.

But Bumblebee is seriously one of my favourite MPs to date. Totally blew my expectations for that toy out of the water.

Just saw official images of the Takara version on HLJ and the Hasbro version on BBTS and I'm hard pressed to see any difference between the two. Can anyone else detect any differences besides the tank gun being longer on the Takara version? Since they are both the same price roughly trying to decide which to preorder - almost looks like the definitive Generations Megs!

Note for those looking, you can only preorder the Hasbro Megs along with Armada Megs from BBTS as the individual ones are all gone.

The HLJ images could still just be the Hasbro toy as a place-holder until the Japanese version is revealed, which often happens closer to their release (this one is still four months away).

There is an asterisk on the HLJ page, indicating they are showing the USA version, I am sure someone who knows Japanese can translate