Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: US GEN Slingshot & Wildrider confirmed - with new names

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Now also available (to Americans) on the Hasbro toyshop site.

I guess the term "exclusive" was misleading to those of us thinking that it meant limited... but the exclusive element was to "online purchase" instead of to a particular store, and being exclusive to online purchasing doesn't mean much limitation these days with most stores now selling online to stay competitive.
    I think it still does mean limited to an extent. BBTS, TFS, RK (Premium Collectibles before their restock) are all sold out already. They couldn't have been allocated much stock for them to sell out so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Cheers, I just ordered mine through them as well.
    Happy to help
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    I think it still does mean limited to an extent. BBTS, TFS, RK (Premium Collectibles before their restock) are all sold out already. They couldn't have been allocated much stock for them to sell out so quickly.
    I agree that it is probably still limited in number, but maybe not as limited as we were originally thinking it would have been if it was exclusive to a single store.
    I think with all the hype and perceived rareness, people are jumping on these faster than they would over a normal store exclusive... and I think a lot of those people are just buying them to resell.
    But it is worth noting that the sources that are selling out fastest are the ones that ship to non-Americans as well as Americans... so there is a greater number of potential customers than say Walmart, Target, TRU and the Hasbro toyshop has.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I agree that it is probably still limited in number, but maybe not as limited as we were originally thinking it would have been if it was exclusive to a single store.
    I think with all the hype and perceived rareness, people are jumping on these faster than they would over a normal store exclusive... and I think a lot of those people are just buying them to resell.
    But it is worth noting that the sources that are selling out fastest are the ones that ship to non-Americans as well as Americans... so there is a greater number of potential customers than say Walmart, Target, TRU and the Hasbro toyshop has.
    Good points.

They're already up on ebay for like AU$80/set. Resellers aren't wasting any time

Wow... I knew that these were available at quite a few website locations, but not this many.

Still, most have sold out, so stock numbers at each must have been small, or the massive hype and fansite media coverage made them perfect targets for investor/scalpers.