Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Unite Warriors Baldigus (Ruination) teaser

So now the comic is out online!

http://www.allspark.com/2016/11/unit...a-translation/

No "shadowy reveal" in the last page this time, but there is a "continued in part 2....."

But I did notice what looks like TFCC heatwave in the background early on.... That's a combiner I would like!

The final chapter of the Unite Warriors (TakaraTomy Mall exclusive sets) is now out, and translated here.

I guess that means that there are no more TTM exclusive combiner sets planned... and with no more Hasbro sets announced after Liokaiser, there might not be anymore combiner sets from Japan after Baldigus.

Something of note in this chapter of the comic is an alternate combiner form for Lynxmaster, giving him a lynx "beast" mode with all four Deluxe limbs being legs... something that isn't on the box of the toy or the instructions.

looks amazing. Almost regretting not ordering now

but then I look at my collection with 14 combiners and Liokaiser on the way... I'm all CW'd out

I was about to scold the upside down G2 Autobot logo until I realised the original figure had it. What's the deal with that?

"Combatron" logo - they flipped the logo due to the G2 Prime mould having it moulded in plastic for their Black Convoy in the Car Robots line

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I was about to scold the upside down G2 Autobot logo until I realised the original figure had it. What's the deal with that?
    Car Robot is mostly about the Autobots (Cybertrons) vs the Predacons (Destrongers), but later the Predacon ranks are bolstered by the addition of the Combaticons (Combatrons). Their leader is Black Convoy (a repaint of G2 Laser Optimus Prime) who is created as an evil clone of Optimus Prime. He is effectively the first 'Nemesis Prime' (but in the Anglophone version he's called "Scourge"). Also the Combaticons are the only enemies of the Transformers with proper vehicle modes. The Predacons have beast modes or in the case of Gigatron, some approximated vehicle modes (as a 6-10 changer), but none of them are true vehicles (at least not Earth based vehicles).

Also, Fire Convoy and Black Convoy's iconic introductory lines are mirror opposites of each other. When Fire Convoy debuts into battle by delivering the line:
    「たとえ宇宙の果てでも正義を呼ぶ声があるところに我々サイバトロンは現れる!」
    "Until the ends of the universe, the Autobots will heed the call of justice."
    「たとえ宇宙の果てだとも、悪を呼ぶ声あるところに必ずやってくる!」
    "Until the ends of the universe, I shall absolutely heed the call of evil"

Basically Black Convoy is like the "Anti-Prime" of Fire Convoy and the Combaticons are the antitheses of the Autobots in this series. So Black Convoy and the Combaticons all sport inverted G2 Autobot logos as an affront to the Autobots - similar to say wearing an inverted crucifix* in front of Christians. It's done to deliberately provoke and insult the Autobots.

Unfortunately this interesting imagery was lost in Hasbro's Robots In Disguise adaptation of this line, as all the Combaticons had their inverted Autobot logos replaced with G1 Decepticon insignias. Also, Scourge was never released here. And some of the Combaticons and Ruination in general were given quite different colours which made them look really show-inaccurate (e.g. Armourhide became blue instead of desert beige, Ruination's parts became grey instead of gold etc.).

------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Although some Christians deliberately wear an inverted cross, known as St. Peter's Cross

Fiction aside, the production reason for the upside down G2 Autobot logo is most likely Takara didn't want to remould the G2 Optimus Prime mould to remove the G2 Autobot logos. However when Scourge was released by Hasbro they did remould the toy to remove the G2 Autobot logos.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Fiction aside, the production reason for the upside down G2 Autobot logo is most likely Takara didn't want to remould the G2 Optimus Prime mould to remove the G2 Autobot logos. However when Scourge was released by Hasbro they did remould the toy to remove the G2 Autobot logos.
    Yeah, that was what was being asked - why the Gen2 symbol is being used on the toys and why it was written into the story... it was just easier than remoulding the Gen2 toy.

Some comparison photos from TakaraTomy, of the upcoming Baldigus toy, to the 2000 Car Robots toys.
    Baldigus comes out later this month... on March 31st as a TakaraTomyMall exclusive.