Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MP12+ Lambor/Sideswipe for November

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    I can see them doing an MP+ of Wheeljack when they have a figure to pair him with. So far all MP+ releases have been released alongside a figure they were connected to who had a different enough aesthetic the original release might clash with the new MP. Although I couldn't hazard a guess as to who that could be given who's left of the 84-85 characters.
    That could be Bumblebee, done in a pale cartoon yellow... since those two were the first two characters seen in the cartoon universe on the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That could be Bumblebee, done in a pale cartoon yellow... since those two were the first two characters seen in the cartoon universe on the first episode.
    More Bumblebees. Yay.
    (x_x) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    I can see them doing an MP+ of Wheeljack when they have a figure to pair him with. So far all MP+ releases have been released alongside a figure they were connected to who had a different enough aesthetic the original release might clash with the new MP. Although I couldn't hazard a guess as to who that could be given who's left of the 84-85 characters.
    I agree, Wheeljack's toon markings differ quite a bit from the actual car he's based on , Wheeljack is one that feels like a matter for time for this silly new toon obsession MP's are going down.

Who knows, maybe they will make MP Perceptor and re-do Wheeljack's colours then for your Autobot science and engineering team.

I have my fingers crossed for a cartoon accurate Wheeljack. The difference between the cartoon and the MP have always bothered me. As for Bumblebee, I'd like a heavy remould to make his alt mode look more like the Penny Racer he was in the show. Maybe we could get that with a MP Cliffjumper.

I personally like my current MP Wheeljack. Simplifying it for slavish cartoon accuracy doesn't appeal to me at all. But anyway, here's a comparison between Wheeljack's cartoon model vs MP figure.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    As for Bumblebee, I'd like a heavy remould to make his alt mode look more like the Penny Racer he was in the show. Maybe we could get that with a MP Cliffjumper.
    I suspect that licensing issues might prevent that from happening. I personally prefer realistic looking vehicles as they look more like robots in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I suspect that licensing issues might prevent that from happening. I personally prefer realistic looking vehicles as they look more like robots in disguise.
    A Penny Racer design should be unlicenced just like the original G1 toys so no issue with licence there.

EDIT: On further inspection while most Penny Racers are unlicensed there are a few that are licenced including VW's by Tomy. So unless transforming Penny Racers are a specific issue (which they always could be) it should be fine.

is this a jap release or china ?

Given that the image posted on post #1 has text written in Japanese, I'd say Japan.

So literally Malibu Stacey with new hat is what we have here...

I guess it's ok for those that don't have one already, but for everyone else that does (which I'd say is a large amount by now) I don't see much incentive to buy this