Page 759 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 739749754755756757758759760761762763764769779 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,590 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    So these were released in Australia?, wow

do you have any carded ones in your collection these days, really appreciate any pictures.

it looks like the little black sticker (asia variant sticker) on the top right corner has been removed for most of these on sale,wonder if it was standard for this release
    I should have added, that ours didn't have the Chinese writing sticker on them... and I don't have any of the packaging from back then.
    I remember that they weren't around for very long, and I think were only at Toyworld and ToysRUs.

TFwiki says that the Gold Box Classics were produced in 1990-1991 (which is why they were included in the UK comics during that time), but I just can't recall them getting here until at least late 1992.
    Cliffbee's listing also has European dates listed for the Gold Box Classics, but might just be their production dates, not Australian release dates?

Dates that I know are true, thanks to moving around a lot in the early 90s, so can recall what stores/suburbs I bought certain figures...
    Early 1992 - the nearby Toyworld was only stocking European Actionmasters, because it was the once chance I had to get to a toystore and afford a new TFs toy before we moved in the middle of the year, I was forced to buy AM Circuit, as it was the best looking one in their small selection.
    Mid 1992 - I had moved in July, which allowed me to check a major shopping centre after school, and I found the Gen1 boxed figures, that weren't there when I was first checking out those stores.
    End of 1992 - I had moved again in November, which allowed me to go through the CBD that year. I remember the Myer CBD store getting in the Combiners and not being able to afford all of the Combaticons, which they were short on and sold out before I could afford them.
    1993 - my acquisitions list has a number of the gold-box figures being bought during this year.

I also have some old store sale catalogues from the 90s, which aren't a good indicator of release dates though, as some stores have items listed on clearance, many months after its release.
    September 1992 - Kmart - Euro Turbomasters & Predators ($13), and Motorvators (in Classics Gold boxes).
    June 1993 - Kmart - Euro Aquaspeeders & Stormtroopers ($15).
    October 1993 - TRU - Cyclonus, Ramjet, Starscream (could be Gen1 box versions due to Cyclonus being there, and being a lot cheaper than Gold Box versions). ($12)
    November 1993 - TRU - UK Obliterator ($35), Trakkons ($20), Skyscorchers & Accelerators ($7).
    November 1993 - Kmart - Gen2 Dinobots ($30), Jets (Ramjet/Starscream) ($33) & Tank Megatron ($60).
    May 1994 - TRU - Gen2 Aerialbots ($9), Silverbolt ($35), Rotor Force ($12), Laser Rods ($18).
    June 1994 - Toyworld - UK Constructicons (non-combining yellow) ($10).
    June 1994 - Toyworld - My First Transformers (reissue) ($20), UK Predators & Turbomasters ($15)
    September 1994 - Toyworld - Classics Aerialbots & Protectobots ($10), UK Constructicons ($8).
    October 1994 - TRU - Tank Megatron ($20). (must have been a discount from Hasbro at that price)
    October 1994 - Toyworld - Sparkabots ($10). (should be the UK Gen2 Sparkabots at that price and Name, but LaserRods were pictured - probably in error).
    November 1994 - Toyworld - My First Transformers (reissue) ($22)
    November 1994 - TRU - Tank Megatron ($20), Rotorforce ($12), LaserRod ($16)

The ones I remember seeing or buying around the middle of 1992 in the Gen1 packaging were - Starscream, Ramjet, Cyclonus, Blaster, Soundwave/Buzzsaw, Bumblebee, Hubcap, Beachcomber and Seaspray... and I'm sure Optimus as well since it is on my acquisitions list in that batch, but now am not 100% confident.
    I know that it was the Gen1 boxed figures that brought me back into collecting in mid 1992, but not the Gold boxes.

(well that was a fun trip down memory lane.)

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Does anybody know if they are going to release a platinum edition movie snarl to go along with this box set and will any of the platinum edition figures be released in Australia?
    Platinum Edition sets to be released here.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    No idea, though given the number of repaints being made for this movie toy line, I'd be surprised if they didn't release one somewhere.
    I'm not so sure if Hasbro America will do one to match the set of chrome & black.
    I think we know of all the premium stuff for the rest of this year now, and a one-off chrome/black version of Snarl (to match the Platinum set) might not have any interest to (American) Retailers after the end of this year... due to the DVD being out in America in September and the way consumer interest drops off by the end of the year with the last two Movies.

Hasbro HK *might* do it, since they will have the Platinum set in their market and are a little more collector-focused.
    TakaraTomy also might, if they keep doing "Black Knight" editions (which are store exclusives for the Deluxe Dinobots).

I haven't updated the Checklist since BotCon, but so far there have been 3 "Black Knight" Dinobots known for Japan - Leader Grimlock (out as a General Release, but isn't really black so doesn't match the others), Scorn & Slug (images appear black & chrome, but store exclusives in November).
    There was also a black Voyager (Nemesis) Grimlock at the JP Expo in August, which would match Scorn & Slug better than the Leader one, but is a Decepticon.

I think the best chance is a Japanese version of Snarl in chrome and black, but only if Scorn and Slug do well as Store Exclusives.

On a side note, the colours and characters in the Hasbro Platinum set really put me off it... so if I do end up getting one from Hasbro to review, I might be a bit more savage about it.
    Why have Slog if it is supposed to be Movie Dinobots (by having Scorn in the set)... or why have Scorn instead of Snarl if it is supposed to be Gen1 Dinobots (by having Slog in the set).
    And Black & Chrome... how boring.
    The Japanese have shown how there can be alternate deco when releasing Gen1 versions... just like how we had alternate decos of the FOC Combaticons in Stores to the SDCC exclusives.

Evening everyone,

I'm just wondering, the Leader Class Jetfire on Amazon, is that the same figure which is scheduled to be released here? Was there an estimated price/cost?As i am undecided whether to get it along with my G1 Slog or get it locally?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    Evening everyone,

I'm just wondering, the Leader Class Jetfire on Amazon, is that the same figure which is scheduled to be released here? Was there an estimated price/cost?As i am undecided whether to get it along with my G1 Slog or get it locally?

Cheers
    Yes
    $100 AuD at Uncle Pete's & Toy Mate.
    Get it delivered from Amazon with G1 Slog.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Hope so, otherwise I suppose I'll get a chance to cancel my pre-order in the next few months if it turns out to be otherwise. Guessing that the Amazon exclusive wont be the first version to become available so should get a heads up. Cheers guys
    You might want to not order till it's confirmed 100% if your that worried because this is a Blu-ray we are talking about not a Transformers toy that gets released when Hasbro gets around to sending it to BBTS. Games, Blu-ray's and DVD's ship from big guys like Amazon in the US and JB Hifi in Australia before the release so that they will start to arrive on release day (an Amazon order won't arrive in Australia tho till the following week or so). Also release days on media are fairly exact not like toys, if Paramount says AOE will be coming out on the 30th in the US then it will come out that day (barring something on the scale of 9/11). Big movie releases are normally embargoed in America like games are around the world so don't expect any warning as to if it's region free. For some reason the movie companies don't bother here unless it's something like the 6 main Star Wars movies. At JB Hifi in Rocky I will walk in on Monday and all the DVD's and Blu-rays coming out that week are already on sale even if they are not "released" till the Friday.

The risk that Paramount will region lock is remote, remember they have released tens of thousands of different versions of Blu-rays over the years and very few are ever locked. Also remember that the included digital copy almost certainly won't work on an Australian account.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Yes
    $100 AuD at Uncle Pete's & Toy Mate.
    Get it delivered from Amazon with G1 Slog.
    When is Jetfire going to be released here and by who other than Uncle Pete's (which I've never actually seen one of their stores in real life)? I might pick one up locally instead of at BBTS as I'd like to encourage Australian releases of Generations.

September I think was the date Hasbro were aiming for back at Toyfair, so since they've shown up at Toyworld already, expect it soon in the other store-chains within a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    You might want to not order till it's confirmed 100% if your that worried because this is a Blu-ray we are talking about not a Transformers toy that gets released when Hasbro gets around to sending it to BBTS. Games, Blu-ray's and DVD's ship from big guys like Amazon in the US and JB Hifi in Australia before the release so that they will start to arrive on release day (an Amazon order won't arrive in Australia tho till the following week or so). Also release days on media are fairly exact not like toys, if Paramount says AOE will be coming out on the 30th in the US then it will come out that day (barring something on the scale of 9/11). Big movie releases are normally embargoed in America like games are around the world so don't expect any warning as to if it's region free. For some reason the movie companies don't bother here unless it's something like the 6 main Star Wars movies. At JB Hifi in Rocky I will walk in on Monday and all the DVD's and Blu-rays coming out that week are already on sale even if they are not "released" till the Friday.

The risk that Paramount will region lock is remote, remember they have released tens of thousands of different versions of Blu-rays over the years and very few are ever locked. Also remember that the included digital copy almost certainly won't work on an Australian account.

Yeah I reckon I'll risk it - pretty sure the blu ray on my PC and PS3 will play most any region anyway

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah I reckon I'll risk it - pretty sure the blu ray on my PC and PS3 will play most any region anyway
    The PS3 certainly won't.

I'm going to be boring and just wait for the poverty pack Australian Blu Ray release.