Thread: Possible Cloud Hot Rodimus (digibash)

Default Possible Cloud Hot Rodimus (digibash)

Low-res scans of Cloud Hot Rodimus. Looks like initial responses has not been enthusiastic. What is everyone's thoughts?

Edit: Please note that the above picture is a digibash and not officially released material from Takara Tomy.
    Last edited by SuspectimusPrime; 2nd December 2013 at 06:53 PM.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

It says that they're fan made mock up images, so we still don't exactly know what the actual product is meant to look like. For me it's a pass. The mould was great as Springer and it worked as Sandstorm (sure it had its limitations, but it worked). To me it doesn't quite work as Hot Rod. Looks okay in robot mode, but the armoured car and helicopter mode don't suit the character IMO (nor the sword).

The only Cloud TF I'm getting atm is Megatron because I never got the Asian Generations Megatron (retool of ROTF Bludgeon). Even that's a bit of a stretch for me because I do already have ROTF Bludgeon and TF2010 Banzaitron. None of the other Cloud TFs have interested me thus far.

I like it. It works well for a IDW Rodimus or a Rodimus Prime compaired to the Classics Rodimus.

I certainly wouldn't have it's 3rd mode, but the car looks pretty good in red.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Looks okay in robot mode, but the armoured car and helicopter mode don't suit the character IMO (nor the sword).
    Ditto. If they want to go in a new direction with the character, I quite liked Energon Rodimus - I thought he was cool!

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    No.
    Do you mind clarifying yoru position? you're not being very clear.

I don't really see the point of any of these "cloud" figures. it's all coming across a bit meh for me. They feel like repaints for the sake of repaints.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I was worried for a sec when I saw the title. This weekend, I had just spent $80 securing a Fansproject Protector set with Sidearm and reprolabels.

But then I saw the pics.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Keep in mind that the picture isn't from Takara. It is a digibash by a fan based on information and single piece of art released for the storyline.

It says it in the link provided:
    Check out the fan made image below for a look at what the Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus Triple Changer figure could look like.
    IF the product is real (and from what I have read it is only speculation based on the comic pictures released for the figures) then it could look completely different and probably a hell of a lot more polished.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I've only recently opened Sandstorm and Springer and when I saw this thread I was completely skeptical. But the digibash changed my mind. It looks alright, not something I need to own but totally okay.

I wonder if this explains a pic that one of the comics colourists recently posted on twitter with Rodimus from MTMTE #1 in Springer's colours (which also looked better than you'd think)