Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do with your MP/UW coins?

Default What do you do with your MP/UW coins?

So I'm starting to amass a few of the coins from the Masterpiece figures and now UW too.
    My dilemma is how do I display them? Should I display them?

I don't want to remove them from their cards so at the moment so I won't be mounting them in a coin holder frame. Currently they are propped at the back of the display partially open so the coin can be seen but I'm quickly running out of space.

Is there a better way?

How do you display your coins?
    Do you display your coins or store them?

I'd love to hear (and see if you have pics) how everyone chooses to tackle the coins.

a few of the guys here like khai mcfly and lancalot purchased little stands (the sort you display your plates with but on a much smaller scale) and have set up some cool looking displays
    Perhaps search their posts or threads and see if you can draw some inspitation

I think my only MP ones are Sideswipe and Bumblebee, SS coin is just sitting on the bottom of my cabinet and I'm not even sure where the BB one is, maybe in his box or in a plastic snaplock bag with a bunch of instructions and stuff. UW Devastator one is the same. So I'm not displaying them as such so far. Maybe if I come across some more I'll get a little stand or something.

Rails on the wall holding them? Similar to those used to display vinyl record covers...

For some of my Hasbro MPs I have the Takara coin displayed in the clear plastic window of the packaging (like MP-10 and MP-9) but with my more recent Takara MPs I just have them in the box with the rest of the paperwork. Worked really well up until Tracks and Road Rage, their coin packaging doesn't fit in the box.

Hmm, I certainly contemplated in displaying them in packaging, but it takes so much room if I did it that way... so I took em all out of the packaing very carefully and stored the packaging in a box of their own. While the coins I got some coin easels. I asked koolkollektibleskai where he got his and he pointed me to ebay. Got me a good stock as they were cheap anyways as the coins keep adding up. I've displayed my coins on top of the MP detolfs. Before they were next to the figure but space is running out so I had them moved to just the top of the shelf in a row..

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

^I see jazz hands
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    ^I see jazz hands

Well that's Voltes V's signature pose after they join together , unfortunately I dont have the energy V effect to place in front of him to complete the pose porperly so yeah he just looks like doing jazz hands , lol

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Hmm, I certainly contemplated in displaying them in packaging, but it takes so much room if I did it that way... so I took em all out of the packaing very carefully and stored the packaging in a box of their own. While the coins I got some coin easels. I asked koolkollektibleskai where he got his and he pointed me to ebay. Got me a good stock as they were cheap anyways as the coins keep adding up. I've displayed my coins on top of the MP detolfs. Before they were next to the figure but space is running out so I had them moved to just the top of the shelf in a row..

That's an awesome coin haul!

Those stands are a good idea. They're cheap as chips here so I might go and score myself some, although you guys have me thinking of getting the slightly larger sized ones to see if they will hold the packaging too.

The idea of placing them in the box so they are visible is a good one too!

If anyone else has suggestions please keep 'em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Rails on the wall holding them? Similar to those used to display vinyl record covers...
    While expensive and wall covering, that would look sooo sweet!

Leige, your collection displays continue to impress!

I have been carefully displaying mine in a stack inside the wardrobe in the study/music room

I did get them all out to take stock of a week or two ago.

I have a few more coming in the mail.

I like Lieges/koolkollektibleskai idea with the stands, for the moment I don't have the space. I also haven't taken the time to figure out a way of liberating the coins without destroying the packaging.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)