Page 630 of 710 FirstFirst ... 610620625626627628629630631632633634635640650 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

couple of expensive pretenders up on eBay from somewhere in NSW - is it anyone here?

Black Shadow

Metalhawk

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    couple of expensive pretenders up on eBay from somewhere in NSW - is it anyone here?

Black Shadow

Metalhawk

AU$6,500 for each of them???

I doubt they are a fan.
    A fan would know that they aren't worth anywhere near that. Probably $1,000 at the most and that would be in better condition than these two (one has robot points cut out of the box that you can barely see in the photos, while the other one has very sun-damaged packaging it isn't worth keeping)... but realistically these toys in that condition would be lucky to go for US$600-800 at auction (which the current exchange rate pushes it up to almost AU$1000).

I hate it when non-collectors come across something they work out is rare, without actually knowing how that translates to actual value.

Rare does not always equal valuable.

Looking at their other items, I find it deplorable that they are trying to sell the KO Dia Atlas toy (noted on the box as C-888) for AU$1,500. They note that it is a "copy reissue", but the real version isn't even worth that, even in better condition than this fake.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    AU$6,500 for each of them???

I doubt they are a fan.
    A fan would know that they aren't worth anywhere near that. Probably $1,000 at the most and that would be in better condition than these two (one has robot points cut out of the box that you can barely see in the photos, while the other one has very sun-damaged packaging it isn't worth keeping)... but realistically these toys in that condition would be lucky to go for US$600-800 at auction (which the current exchange rate pushes it up to almost AU$1000).

I hate it when non-collectors come across something they work out is rare, without actually knowing how that translates to actual value.

Rare does not always equal valuable.

Looking at their other items, I find it deplorable that they are trying to sell the KO Dia Atlas toy (noted on the box as C-888) for AU$1,500. They note that it is a "copy reissue", but the real version isn't even worth that, even in better condition than this fake.
    Couldn't agree more with you on that one. This seller has been putting up some very rare items in the last three months or so (nothing I have seen has sold) They have extremely ridiculous prices, poor photos and f-all description. Not the best way to sell high end Transformers

EDIT: I just checked their feedback, Blue Bacchus did sell with a best offer.

He's dangling a carrot in front of collectors hoping someone caves and over pays with an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Speaking of gold, here's an almost complete set of many but not all of Gold Classics Reissue Transformers (most misb,mosc). Protectibots, combaticons, triple changers, Optimus Prime. Worth clicking it just to see the pictures, even if its too rich for your blood.
    This collection has been featured in Maz's collector series of interviews at TFSource.
    http://tfsource.com/blog/collector-i...ew-18-erwin-w/

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Couldn't agree more with you on that one. This seller has been putting up some very rare items in the last three months or so (nothing I have seen has sold) They have extremely ridiculous prices, poor photos and f-all description. Not the best way to sell high end Transformers

EDIT: I just checked their feedback, Blue Bacchus did sell with a best offer.
    A $5,500 best offer! That's only $2,000 off his asking price so I guess their is some room for negotiation

I think the company that released JP Transformers in South Korea (Sonokong) has had a clearing out of their warehouse... or some other strange storage find, as there seem to be a lot of really cheap Big Convoy toys (the mammoth from Beast Wars Neo) and smaller quantities of some other BW Neo toys, showing up by South Korean sellers... like this one, and this one (and see their other listings for more).

The South Korean versions of the Japanese Transformers are identical to the Japanese ones, and even made in the same factories... they just had different packaging.

edit - apparently these have been out for a while now, so there must have been a lot of stock to still be selling it after all this time for so cheap.
    Last edited by griffin; 3rd February 2015 at 03:10 AM.

Yeah, I've got the Korean Lio Convoy and Big Convoy and the quality is great.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

That's a lot of cheap Big Convoys!

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post

Black Shadow

Metalhawk
    This is the same guy that was trying to sell CHUG legends Jazz for $150 and when I contacted him to see if it was a mistake he was a total wanker...

He is totally overpriced on all of his items, he is nothing more than a scalper.