Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Combiner Devastator - first look at German Toyfair

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Inked artwork of Devastator on the box cover.
    I find it amusing how they are using the standard G1 configuration for Mixmaster on the box art.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I find it amusing how they are using the standard G1 configuration for Mixmaster on the box art.
    There seems to be a disconnect between the art and the toy with Combiner Wars as the art for a lot of the other figures also depicts the characters in more G1 like appearances.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    yup, I noticed that, so its actually not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    There seems to be a disconnect between the art and the toy with Combiner Wars as the art for a lot of the other figures also depicts the characters in more G1 like appearances.
    But is this for the box art for the toy? If so it can be misleading. Not that I can be picky about it, I think YOTS Omega has similar thing as well.

After Sunbow's creative license more than 30 years ago we're still raging about inaccuracies of artwork vs toy Time to move on.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    After Sunbow's creative license more than 30 years ago we're still raging about inaccuracies of artwork vs toy Time to move on.
    I am not raging, would have appreciated if it reflected the same as the toy.
    If you asking me whether is a nice piece of art, it is.
    In some ways, changing mixmaster was moving on, so wouldn't you think the art should move with the current times?

Just saying.

I quiet happy with all the limbs as voyager class. Long Haul is Leader class and looks to have the largest vehicle which is appropriate. As individual robots and vehicles they look fine, I like how they all have different sizes really. Bonecrusher and Scavenger have pretty compact vehicle modes, and they seem the smallest of the lot.

In Combined mode, Devastator looks to be a lot taller than he should of been. I think the Torso, and waist should of been shorter. The figure just needs to look heavy. I hope there is a way to somehow mis-transform Long Haul to achieve a shorter middle section. Just my preference.

I'm happy that he is bigger than all the other combiners. I can't wait for a Titan Omega Supreme, if they ever do one

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    I quiet happy with all the limbs as voyager class. Long Haul is Leader class and looks to have the largest vehicle which is appropriate. As individual robots and vehicles they look fine, I like how they all have different sizes really. Bonecrusher and Scavenger have pretty compact vehicle modes, and they seem the smallest of the lot.

In Combined mode, Devastator looks to be a lot taller than he should of been. I think the Torso, and waist should of been shorter. The figure just needs to look heavy. I hope there is a way to somehow mis-transform Long Haul to achieve a shorter middle section. Just my preference.

I'm happy that he is bigger than all the other combiners. I can't wait for a Titan Omega Supreme, if they ever do one
    Long Haul is a voyager like the rest. He's definitely bigger though.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

A video posted on youtube the other day shows off Long Haul's ratchet joints (definitely not a pre-production figure then, so must be ready for factory production), and shows the transformation of the missile pod to Devastator forearm/hand (similar idea to the foot/hand accessory for the regular combiners).

(posted in wrong topic - moved to here)
    Last edited by griffin; 28th February 2015 at 12:07 PM.

video showing some brief hands on with long haul and the missile launcher/devastator arm (which looks kinda cool to me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUz...ature=youtu.be